Chapter 8: Photographs

~~ The Next Morning ~~

Eunjae's POV

I open my eyes and sit up. I check the time and see that it's about eight thirty in the morning. As usual, I go get washed up and changed before grabbing my phone and going downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen and there's no sign of Jimin, so I guess he's still sleeping. I decide to make eggs and toast since I'm getting a little tired of eating cereal all of the time. And there's really no use trying to avoid him after what I agreed to yesterday.

I start making breakfast and while I'm making the eggs, someone backhugs me and says,"Good morning." I know it's Jimin, but I still tense up when I feel his arms around me. This is going to take some getting used to.

He must've noticed that I suddenly got tense because he let's me go and I turn to look at him. "Mianhae," he apologizes and rubs the back of his neck. "I-It's okay," I stutter," I know you like hugs."

He smiles shyly and nods. I start making plates for us and he helps me. "Oh, thank you," I say. "Mhm," he hums. After we finish making plates, we sit at the table and eat. An awkward silence consumes us since neither of us really know what to do or say.

Jimin looks like he wants to say something, but then re-thinks it and says nothing. I look away from him and continue eating. This is weird because I'm not usually shy or awkward with people, but I'm with him. At least, I am now.

"We can hang out again today," he says, breaking the silence," If you want to, that is." I nod lightly. "Is that a yes," he asks. "Sure," I say and he smiles.

When we're done eating, I was going to do the dishes, but he beats me to it. "Again," I ask. "Yep. You cooked, so I'll clean," he says. "Fine," I sigh, since I don't want to debate with him about it.

While he's doing the dishes, he looks around on the counter before cursing under his breath. "Something wrong," I ask him. "I left my phone in my room," he says," Can you do me a favor and get it for me?" "I don't know," I say.

He pouts when I say that and I look away. "Alright, but no more pouting," I tell him. He stops pouting and smiles. "Still works on you," he teases. "Watch it short stack," I warn him," So where's your phone at?" "1) I'm taller than you still. 2) It's on my night stand," he says. I roll my eyes because of his comment on his height and walk upstairs to get his phone.

I go into his room and walk over to his night stand to get his phone. I find it and I was about to pick it up when something catches my eye. It's one of his pictures and I pick it up. My eyes widen a little when I see what it is.

The picture is of him and I when we were together. In it, he's backhugging me, he really likes to do that, and kissing my cheek. Taehyung took this picture when we were all hanging out one day and I asked him for a copy of it to give to Jimin as a Christmas gift.

"Jae?"

Jimin walks into the room and peers over my shoulder to see what I'm looking at. "I can't believe you still have this," I mumble. "Of course I do," he says and backhugs me. At the moment, I'm still too stunned to care that hs's hugging me.

"Why," I ask. "I told you, I missed you while you were gone and you still mean a lot to me. This was kinda the only way I got to see you when you left," he explains. "Jimin," I say and turn to look at him. He just smiles.

"Don't think about it too much," he says," Come on, let's go downstairs." He lets me go and grabs his phone before walking out to the hall. I take one last look at the picture, then put it down and go downstairs.

Jimin is sitting on the couch in the living room and motions for me to sit with him. I go over to the living room, but I sit in the chair to his right instead of next to him. He doesn't ask me to sit next to him, he just smiles sweetly at me. Park Jimin, stop it.