Chapter 26: Sick

~~ A Few Months Later ~~

I sit up in bed and look at the clock. It's only five-thirty in the morning, but I can't sleep even though I've been really tired lately. I woke up with a bad headache a few minutes ago and I just started feeling a little sick. Okay, maybe more than a little.

Jimin is sleeping peacefully next to me and I really don't want to wake him up. He has to work today and he's just so cute when he's sleeping. These last few months with him have been amazing and I couldn't be happier with him. He's been the most loyal and loving husband ever. I'm really glad I let him back in, despite everything that happened before.

Even so, all that happiness is not helping the way I feel right now. My stomach suddenly starts churning and I quickly get out of bed, trying not to wake up Jimin. I run to the bathroom and make it just in time. I start to throw up in the toilet and tears sting my eyes. If there are two things I hate, it's crying and being sick. Sadly, I am now dealing with them both.

While I'm puking my guts out, my husband walks into the bathroom. Without a word, he comes over to me and holds my hair out of the way and rubs my back until I'm done.

"Gwenchana," Jimin asks after it's stopped and I shake my head. He looks at me sympathetically and wipes away the last of my tears. Then he picks me up, sitting me down on the bathroom counter. He grabs my toothbrush and brushes my teeth for me.

"Better," he asks when he's done. I nod, but I don't have the energy to smile. "Thank you, Jiminie," I say, but I feel really fatigued. "Come here," he says, so I wrap my arms around his neck and he picks me up again with ease.

He sits me down on our bed and says," I'll be right back." A minute or so later, he comes back with a glass of water. "Here, baby," he says and hands me the cup. "Kamsamnida," I thank him and drink the water slowly. It helps a little, but not by much.

Jimin sits next to me and I lay my head on his shoulder while he puts his arm around me. This has been rountine for the last few days now and I'm grateful for Jimin's help. "Get some sleep, love. I know you're tired," he says. "You have to sleep too though," I bargain. "Alright," he agrees. "Good," I say and yawn a little.

I lay down again and Jimin does the same, wrapping his arm around me again. "Sleep well," he says and kisses my shoulder lightly as my increasingly heavy eyelids close.

When I wake up again, it's almost eight o'clock in the morning and Jimin is already awake, but it's the exact same thing all over again. Jimin helps me back to our bed again and sits down on the edge of it.

"Sweetheart, I think you should stay home today," he says while I drink the water he brought me. "But I have to go to work," I say and try to get up, but fatigue washes over me and I almost fall. Jimin catches me and sits me down again.

"Please," he begs," You've been sick like this all week. Throwing up, dehydrated, fatigued. I'm worried about you." I see the concern in his eyes and sigh. "Fine. I'll stay home," I say reluctantly, making him smile.

"Thank you," he says," But I don't want to leave you here by yourself." "Hmm, try calling Jennie while I call in sick to work. Maybe she'll come over while your gone," I suggest.

He nods and leaves the room to call my cousin while I call Jungkook. "Hi, noona," he says when he answers the phone. "Hey, Kookie, I can't come into work today," I say. "Finally," he says. "What does that mean," I ask. "Noona, you've been sick all week. You should stay home and get some rest. And I'll come by later to check on you," he tells me. "Thanks, Kookie," I say. "No problem," he replies," Bye, noona." "Bye, Kookie."

I hang up and set my phone on the nightstand as Jimin re-enters the room. "Shs'll be here in a few minutes," he says while sitting down on the edge of the the bed again. "Okay," I reply and close my eyes, sighing a little.