Chapter 1

Disclaimer: The day that I own Naruto is the same day when my pet cat turns into a rabbid monkey and eats my dog and I get an A in spanish class.

A blurr of black jumped from branch to branch as it darted away from the approaching attackers. The black form was the Konoha ANBU captain, the one and only Sakura Haruno, and the attackers were the akatsuki. 

"damn this bastard is fucking fast, no wonder leader wants him" Hidan muttered as he ran with the others trying to catch up with the ninja ahead of them. Although all Pain had told them was to capture Konoha's ANBU captain and where they might be, they all simplly assumed it was a guy. 

earlier that day

"Sakura-chan, granny Tsunade wants you in her office" a blond head appeared out of no where to announce. 

As the pinkette walked to the Hokages office for what she assumed to be a mission, she wondered why she even bothered.

"why would i ever want to do missions for a village that betrayed me? at least I have shika and hinata..." everyone in the village would try to forget that day, but Sakura still remembered it. She sighed as she looked up and threw her head back.

BIrds chirped in the blue skies, it was warm outside, and she took a deep breath of fresh air before walking in to see the Hokage. 

"you wanted me Tsunade-sama?" she questioned.

"ah yes, by now you probably already know that it's for a mission, being the highest ranking ninja in this village, i have a mission I need you to do, it shouldn't take you that long, it's just dilivering some scrolls, however they are extreamely important, and I need somebody that I know will get the job done." the blonde explained.

"of course" Sakura nodded as she was handed the scrolls.

"and make sure you put on the full outfut, we can't have anyone finding out who you are, it would make it hard for you to do any missions if anyone caught sight of the pink hair." Tsunade warned, handing Sakura a black hooded cloak and a cat mask. Sakura had become acostumed to having to wear this whenever she was out on missions because if she didn't all of her enimies would see her pink hair from miles away.

The mission itself way fairly easy, as she was told, of course she got attacked by a few rouge ninja, but nothing she couldn't handle with just a flick of her wrist and a few kunai. The way back however was when she felt some chakra signitures coming up behind her and begin to follow her.

The akatsuki had been tailing Sakura for almost an hour now, and while she had received a few minor injuries and scrapes, it was nothing compared to the wounds she had inflicted on them. She had been able to deliver some nasty kunai stab wounds and mark her targets with a few senbon even while she was running. Her main worry wasn't getting caught, she knew if it came down to it she could take them on, however she couldn't allow them to see her due to the fact that her pink hair would be a dead give away, and make it difficult for her to complete missions if word spread and everyone knew who she was. Right now she was just known as Konoha's ANBU captain, and she would rather keep it that way.

A kunai flew past her ear and just barely nicked the side of her cloak, making a small cut in the edge. As the trees started to thin out, so Sakura leapt to the ground into the middle of a clearing, while she was able to give the majority of the members injuries while running, if she took them on while she could just concentrait on the battle she knew she could do more. of course she could have probably outrun them eventually, but she didn't want them to follow her all the way to her village and destroy anything.