Reception

The days that passed Aura watched the men train, Oenomaus shouting instruction on form and proper footing. Aura plucked a grape from the bowl near her as she sat lazily on the lounging chair.

The new recruits grew stronger more fierce as training continued.

"Attend!" Oenomaus shouted gaining attention of a men. "The Vulcanalia is announced!"

There was chatter among the men.

"Dominus Batitaus has seen it fit to fight twenty this year at the Vulcanalia. His gift to the people of Capua. The lowest to fight at dawn. Eight pairs to follow. After which your master will present his primus."  The men chattered in response

Aura watched as Crixus looked to Spartacus, their eyes locking, as tension grew the men dispersed to eat. Aura inhaled deeply.

A night passed and the men rose earlier the Aura expected interrupting her thoughts as the sun began to rise

"Aura, the men awaken." Oenomeaus said as he came close to her, she gave a small nod turning to go back to the villa stopping when she saw Peitros and Barca together, Barca holding a pigeon him and Pierrot raised together.

"Your birds grow beautifully." She said to the men who looked to her standing quickly but she stopped them with her hand and a gentle smile.

"Thank you Domina. Would you like to hold it?" Barca asked the girl who's eyes brightened in excitement nodding to the man.

Oenomaus stood close behind her, his eyes watching the men, who looked at the young girl.

She held her hand out as Barca placed the bird in her hand, she ran her fingers over its soft feathers. She giggled as it pecked at her hair. The gate to the Ludus opened Mira taking long strides to Aura.

"Domina, your mother and father wake soon." Mira said. Aura sighed, before handing Barca the bird back.

"Gratitude, Barca." She said placing  a hand on his fore arm before being whisked away by Mira to prepare for the day.