Chapter 30

Jenna'sPOV

A week went by fast and by that time I was so annoyed with my crutches. They made everything twice as hard. And since I have always been quite active I was frustrated by my disability to dance or do any other kind of sports. The doctor had ordered one week with crutches and after that another week without sport. No idea how I would survive that!

The only thing making it better was that Colin would pick me up in the morning to drive me to work. I told him I could take the tram, since I couldn't drive with my ankle, but he would not have it. So everyday started with that quirky and lovely human being driving me to work and sometimes even picking me up afterwards when I didn't have another colleague driving me back.

In that week I realised that my feelings for Colin were hopeless and would never go away. Each day I had an argument with myself on what to do. But I realised that I could not stay with Eoin when I had much bigger feelings for someone else. I planned on telling him that when he was back. I knew he would be hurt but it was better like that than to lie to him all the time.

But I was nervous when I thought about telling Colin how I felt. Of course I knew that he deeply cared about me. He showed me that everyday when he made such an effort to be with me and make sure I'm okay. But I didn't know if he was in love with me. Taking the risk of being rejected was worth it though.

It was friday and Alice had just dropped me off at home after a long and successful day of work. After I made myself something to eat I decided to start cleaning. Tomorrow would be the party for Eoin. I knew that it was kind of a bad idea to throw him a party when I just decided to break up with him but I couldn't cancel it anymore. Besides, I would not break up with him right after he landed.

So I got started and just when I was done with the kitchen, I stopped in my tracks. I felt dizzy and nauseous all of a sudden. I ran towards my bathroom, throwing up my lunch as I reached the toilet. When I was done throwing up I sat down on the bathroom floor and started to wonder why I got sick so suddenly. It couldn't have been the food. It was freshly made and tasted good. And since I hadn't felt sick those last few days there was only one explanation. I got up and ran to my calendar. Mortified I went through the pages to look when I was due.

I was nearly a week over my normal period schedule. How could I have not noticed this? Possibly because of my little accident and the busy week. I grabbed my purse and quickly ran out of the buidling towards the nearest apothecary to pick up a pregnancy test.

I paced around my bathroom while I waited for the result of the test. My heart was beating so fast and I was praying that the test would be negative.

The test was positive.

I picked up my phone immediately calling Lauren.

„Can you please come over now? I really need you!"

She was surprised but agreed.

A few minutes later she was there engulfing me in a hug.

„I'm pregnant." I blurted out right away.

„Oh shit!" she exclaimed, summing it up real good.

„Will you have the baby?"

„Of course I will!" I said. I would never abort a child. To me that was murder.

„So you will stay with Eoin and forget your feelings for Colin?" I had told her about how my feelings had changed over the week.

„What other choice do I have? I want a father for that child. And I do love Eoin, despite my feelings for Colin. But not nearly as much."

I slammed my hands on my face once again realising how messed up this whole situation was.

„When will you tell him?" Lauren asked.

„I will tell him after the party."