Bomber- Jason Gideon

Furiously, you dial a number. The phone rings and rings until someone picks up.

"Hello," a voice says on the other end. "Jason Gideon, right?"you ask. "Yes," he confirms. "Good. We've got a bomber on the loose here in Tucson, Arizona, and we need your help," you say. "Send the files over to a Penelope Garcia. Thanks," he says. You do precisely that.

××××××

You growl at the computer in front of you just as one of your officers walks in with a young, boyish guy and an older, middle- aged guy. "Hi, I'm Jason Gideon and this is Dr. Spencer Reid. I was told that you were the Sheriff over here," the older guy says.

You nod, standing. "Yep, and we've got a bomber on the loose. Two of my officers went home three days ago and found bombs strapped to their wives and children. The bombs were just small enough to kill the wife or child without destroying the house. One bomb was faulty and didn't go off; the timer wasn't set right and one of the wires wasn't even plugged in. The rest of the bombs were perfectly fine," you say.

The FBI agents look as if they're contemplating this. You sigh. "Anyways, Officer Daniels will show you to the confrence room, the computer lab, and the forensic lab. In case you need to contact me, I'm Y/N L/N," you say. Officer Daniels whisks them off.

×××××××

"You're Y/N, right?" Jason asks. You nod, looking up at him from your papers. "Did you know a Samantha Greys?" he asks. You scrunch your eyebrows together in thought. "Yeah...she dated Aaron Lewis about four years ago," you say. Jason nods, sitting down. "Tell me about Aaron Lewis," he says.

You tap your ink pen against your chin. "He is forty- two, a widower, has three daughters in highschool, a son in college, a dog named Grover, lives in a fairly secluded area of our town, and got arrested about a month ago for administering alcohol to minors," you say.

Jason raises an eyebrow. "How do you know all of this?" He asks. "I dealt with his case. It lists the address, offense, date of birth, and notes. His wife's murder was in the papers, and his kids gave an eyewitness account. When we went to pick him up, his dog came to the door and they had to call him to get him to leave us alone," you say.

Jason nods once again. "Can you give me whatever you've got on him?" He asks. You nod. "Yeah, I can get records to send up his file," you say. "Good. Oh, and does he meddle with anything that could be used as an ingredient in a bomb?" Jason questions. "He has deliveries sent to his house twice a week," you say. Jason cracks a smile. "Terrific," he says.

When he leaves, you sigh. "He's got a nice smile."

××××××××

Finally, it's time to get the bomber. You take a deep breath. "Let's do this," you say, looking into the mirror in your office.

You meet your officers in the training room. "Team Rain, you go to the bombing with Team Tiger. Team Dow, you shut down the road. Team Ricardo, patrol the area around the bombing. Get on it," you command.

Jason smiles slightly as you command your officers. "I like a woman in control," he mutters to himself. Derek catches this. "You like her. Gideon, you like the Sherriff! Get some," Derek says smiling. Jason frowns. "Derek, let's not talk about it right now. We've got a bomber to catch," he says, meeting your eyes. You nod to him, and he nods back.

Derek just shakes his head and chuckles at the two of you.
××××××××

Everyone is celebrating the arrest of the bomber, including the FBI agents, in a bar in town. You smile at a young man trying to dance with you. After a few minutes, you squirm away from the man and sit down at the bar.

"Beer, please," you say, pulling out your ID. The bartender places a beer in front of you as Jason sits next to you. He orders a beer as well, and takes a nice swig of it. He sighs. "Do you get out there and dance?" He asks. You snort. "What kind of a question is that? Of course I dance. I do karaoke, too," you say. He turns to you, grinning.

"Karaoke, eh? I didn't think of you as that kind of girl," he says. You snort again. "Don't judge a book by its cover, Jason. I figured you of all people would know that," you say. "You're right. I guess I wasn't thinking. I don't usually think when a pretty girl's around," he says.

This time, you laugh. "Well, you wouldn't be wrong," you say. He laughs too. "Next time you're in town, let me know. Maybe we could go out so we can get to know each other," you say. "Yeah. I'd like that," Jason says.

You exchange numbers. "Call me," you say, getting up and leaving. Jason watches you leave and Derek sits beside him.

"Nice. You got her number," Derek says. Jason looks at the napkin with your number on it. "Yep. I'm going to call her later," Jason says. "You go man," Derek says, grinning and slapping Jason on the back. "Get some," Derek says once again, going to look for ladies.

A/N-
I updated the cover!