Chapter 14: Miscommunication

Song: Untitled - Rex Orange County

FINNS POV

My thoughts were jumbled. I spent class staring into space and mulling over the events of this morning..yesterday..the weekend. I didn't deserve her after all of this. She was confused, as was I. Immaturity lead me to anger and outbursts. Jealously. I wasn't this kind of person and she certainly didn't deserve this. I had no way of explaining this behaviour.

I walked out of my last class that day, I had no idea where to meet her so I settled on waiting by her locker. Only five minutes had passed till I saw her head bobbing through the hoard of students and toward me.

I didn't know how to act. Angry at her forgiveness of Drew? Sympathetic? Jealous?

Y/Ns POV

In the corner of my eye I saw Finn beside my locker. Taking a deep breath, I approached with a reserved smile and immediately launch into conversation.

"How was your day" I state, opening my locker and my bag casually.

"Fine. I saw you with Drew this morning..." I notice he's fiddling with the ends of his sleeves.

"Yes..and?" stating simply as I continue stuffing my books into my locker.

"I just don't think he should be around you after that night." A slight hint of bitterness and anger tinges the tone in his voice as he recalls the events in his mind.

"He was apologising" Despite knowing that what Drew did was near unforgivable, Finn's demeanour came across as.. controlling.. jealous and possessive. I didn't like that.

FINNS POV

"He hurt you. Badly. It could've been worse. An apology from him means nothing, he should just stay away from you" I tried arguing my concern across to her but none of it seemed to be going in.

Y/Ns POV

"Finn..you can't tell me who to be friends with. We were supposed to talk about us.. not .. Drew" He was missing the point, regardless of his worry and the fact I understood what Drew did was utterly wrong, his concern was misplaced, this conversation was about us.

"You can't let him treat you like that, can't you see I care?" He argued back.

"Finn. I can do what I want."

I shut my locker door, more harshly than intended but echoing my aggravation.

"Y/N- " He edges in as I step to walk away.

"Conversation over, Finn."

I turn away from him and walk to the parking lot. Unnoticed until now, tears began to well up in my eyes and slowly stream down my cheeks. I felt as if things with Finn would never be clear or resolved, and now were forever doomed to remain sour. He had never come across as entitled or stubborn before.

The Finn I had fallen for and the Finn I know now, I feel, are not one in the same.

((A/N: phew its been a while. i know you all probably resent me for not updating in so long but boy my life has been CRAZY!. i also wanted to mention, i know this may seem out of character for finn (well, what we know of finns character,,) , but its all part of the process, things will clear up. sometimes feelings esp at the age of 16 can be difficult, i wanted to communicate that within my writing. hope you enjoy this chapter!! despite it being so short </3 ))