two (Homophobic Warning)

"In that bleak December..." Zoe sang on her way to science class.
    "You say something babe?" asked Aaron, turning towards her.
    "Nah" she said, beginning to hold his hand. This made Aaron smile, but as he tried to kiss her, she looked away and continued singing.
    On their way to class they came across Nate standing next to a boy hunched over a water fountain.
    "Fag!" one of Aaron's friends yelled at him, kicking him in the knee, and causing Nate to fall down. The hunched over guy turned out to be Dominic and he quickly punched Aaron's friend in the nose. Dominic quickly helped Nathan up and tried to run away, but to no avail. Zoe stepped back in horror as Aaron joined the fight and took on Nathan. Zoe couldn't stand this, some of her friends were gay, and she had to watch this. Her hands began to tremble, and everything went in slow motion.
    Aaron was yelling "Burn in hell you dirty fag!" as he threw his fist towards Dominic's face. Nate pushed Dominic aside and they both fell to the ground as the 5th period bell rang.
    "Shit," said Aaron, grabbing his stuff. "Babe, we have to run."
    "Y-Yeah, let me just um, finish them off," she replied, weakly cracking her knuckles.
    Aaron smiled in reply, kissed her cheek and replied "I love you babe." He then ran off.
    Dominic sat up and readied himself for another fight, wiping blood from his nose and mouth. Instead, Zoe gave him a tissue pack and helped Nate up.                   "I-I'm so sorry guys. I didn't know that he could go this far..."
    "Yeah," said Dominic, putting an arm around Nate's shoulder and coughing into the other, "You've got a real douchebag boyfriend."
     Nate pulled a strand of hair from Dominic's eyes and responded. "Thank you for the tissues though."
"You sure you're going to be alright?" Zoe asked, getting ready to run to science class.
    "Yeah, we'll be alright." responded Dominic. "Thanks Zoe" he continued.
    "Don't thank me for anything." She said before running off to science class.

-