Chapter 5: Legs, Tails, And A Date

Nerida stares at her legs in awe, she never thought that she'd ever have the guts to get a pair.

"Come on, Nair, we gotta get you dressed," Agipi holds up the underwear and the bra.

Nerida crawls over and let Agipi help her into the whole outfit, the hardest part being that boots.

Agipi stood up and stepped back a step to admire her work, "the outfit really makes your hair stand out. I'm proud of myself."

Nerida rolled her eyes and looked up at Agipi, "so what do I do now?"

Agipi gets back next to Nerida and holds out her hand for her, "now you walk."

Hours past and Nerida was finally getting the hang of legs, though it was after many falls and fails. The time grew nearer and nearer to 6, Nerida then having to head over to Emma's at 5:45.

"Goodluck, Nerida. Don't forget the directions I gave you, and don't lose your money!" Agipi called out as Nerida started her short journey to Emma's house.

Meanwhile, in Emma's head, she was freaking out. She hadn't been on a date since sophomore year, she just hasn't been interested. She didn't even know what to wear, so she decided grey joggers and a black t-shirt with a red flannel (practically screaming gay). She did light makeup, not wanting to seem like she tried too hard to but to at least make it seem like she tried. A smokey eye and sharp wing paired with a maroon liquid lipstick brought the whole outfit together. She then just through her hair in a ponytail, not wanting to put in too much effort.

"Wow, babygirl. Are you going on a date?" Her dad asked when she walked down the stairs, "I haven't seen you this dolled up since.. In a while."

Emma blushed softly, "I am, dad. I need to get my game on with the lad-ayss.. Or guys. I feel like ladies right now, though."

Her dad gave her an impressed smirk, "so, tell me about this knew lady friend of yours. You've known her long?"

"Well, we've been talking for a few weeks, but I've been obviously flirting with her for almost half the time." She shrugged nonchalantly and smiled.

"Now now, don't be a hoe. I want you to make sure you like this girl, don't just break her heart." He gave her a fierce dad look.

"I do, dad. I honestly like her, she makes me happy. I'm the happiest I've been in a awhile." She smiled softly at the thought of Nerida, and not just a regular smile. Emma gave a dreamy smile at the thought, as if Nerida sent her through a state of bliss.

Knock knock.

Emma looked at the door anxiously, walking over to get it but her dad beat her to it.

"Hi! My name is Dean, now who might you be?"

"U-um, well.. I'm Nerida? I'm.. friends with Emma! Yeah, we have a hang out sessioned today, so I'm here to pick her up." Nerida bit her lip and watched her hands, scared that Emma's dad was homophobic.

"Hm, well, I'll just call her over, Emma!" Dean looked over his shoulder to call for her, acting as if Emma was in a completely different room.

"I'm here, calm down," Emma hurried for to the door but stopped in her tracks when she saw Nerida, "you look different with actual clothes on."

Nerida flushed deeply and her dad looked wide-eyed, "What?!"

"N-no, I didn't mean it like that, dad! We meet at the beach, so I only see her in a swimsuit." Emma blurted out and blushed deeper once she realized what she said.

Dean rubbed his eyes and sighed, "my god, just go. Have fun on your date, sweetie."

"Thanks, love you dad!" Emma kissed her dad's cheek and walked out of the house, closing the door behind her.