Chapter 8

Nick's POV

I got to their house and knocked on the door. J let me in and I saw AJ head towards the back. I sat on the couch and I was talking to J.

“Dude what happened today I thought that you were going to hang out here this morning man it's our  chill day?” he asked

“Well I got a bit held up with my brother.”

“He’s back?”

“Yeah.”

*Flashback*

I just left Ticia’s house after she went to sleep. I got home and I smelled his scent. What is he doing here. He is supposed to be at college. I walked in the house and there he was sitting on the couch.

“Hey bro long time no talk how have you been?” he asked, something seemed off about him

“Good, what are you doing back so soon?”

“Well I heard that you found your mate.” I looked at him wide eyed trying to figure out how he knew.

“Don’t you dare hurt her.” I growled. I hadn’t realized that we were close and I was clenching my fists.

“Why would you say that little brother I’m just happy for you.” he had a smirk on his face.

“I apologized for what happened to Tammy.” I said

“Well you had no problem letting them get her and kill her.” He growled.

Tammy was Jason’s mate. A pack was tracking her and I was supposed to protect her but they said if I didn’t hand her over then they would hurt my family and the pack. I didn’t hand her over. When we went running in the woods they grabbed her and I tried to get her back but it was too late. I explained to Jason but he got angry. He left us to go search for Tammy. After 6 years her body was found. He blamed me that it was my fault and he was going to get revenge on my mate.

“I swear Jase that I didn’t do it on purpose.”

“Well it’s kind of to late for that don’t you think?” he was about to leave but I grabbed his arm.

“I mean it Jase don’t you dare hurt a single hair on her head” I growled

“See you around Nick” he left

*end of flashback*

I explained it all to J and he got mad.

“Don’t worry he won’t get any where near my sister.” he said angrily

“Wait you know that Ticia is my mate? How?” I asked in a hushed voice

“I can tell. Plus the way you look at her its on your face.” how can it be that easy to tell

“Don’t worry I won’t tell but I’ll call Ticia.”

He left and called Ticia. I headed to the stairs to wait. I heard someone come down the stairs and I turned around. I smiled as I saw it was Ticia she looked beautiful in that red dress and leather jacket.

“Wow don’t you look great.” I said

“Thanks you don’t look to bad yourself”

“Shall we head to the back?” I asked

“We shall.” she answered

We headed to the back and Ticia saw her friends so she went to them. I saw some guys from school so I hung out with them. I was talking with them while watching Ticia dance. She looked so hot.

“Yo Nick hello?” Mase was waving his hand in front of my face.

“Sorry what?” I said

“Dude just dance with her already.”