Chapter 3

That spark I never thought it would be that intense. It's almost like your heart restarts and it feels more alive. I realized that we were staring for a long time until Jay snapped us out of it.

"Hi. I'm Ticia." I said as I went to sit on the chair next to the sofa.

We watched TV for a while until Jay suggested that they go surfing, since the waves were huge. They left and I watched TV a little longer before going to the swing in my backyard. I sat on the swing and buried my feet in the sand while I waited for Kaiki. Jay was heading back to the house when he noticed me sitting there.

"What are you doing out here it's getting cold?" He asked while standing there soaking wet.

"Waiting for Kaiki." I answered

Then I saw Nick walk up and he looked gorgeous. The sun glistening on his wet body. He had a perfectly noticeable six pack and I just couldn't help myself from staring. Jay said something but I didn't hear him. I snapped myself out of it and said

"What did you say?"

"I asked what you wanna eat for dinner." He said with an irritated look on his face

"I don't care." I answered

"Okay then fried chicken it is." Jay said as he walked towards the back door to the house.

When I turned my head to look at Nick I noticed that he was staring at me. I looked at down at my feet and started blushing.

"Hey Nick come on dude, because if you're staying over then you gotta help." Jay said while he put his board away and rinsed off with the water hose.

Nick snapped himself out of it and smiled at me before heading towards Jay. I continued swinging for a little while before Kaiki came.

~Nick's POV~

What was going on, I never felt my heart beat like this before. From that first encounter and I knew it, she was the one. She's so amazing and she smells like strawberries my favorite. We had just finished surfing and were heading back to the house. I noticed that Jay was talking to someone, as I got closer I realized it was Ticia. I caught her staring at me and I couldn't help but smirk. Soon she stopped and started talking to Jay.

I couldn't help myself from staring at her; she looked so beautiful even though she had her hair up. Just the sun's gentle glow on her face. Jay headed up to the house and I saw that Ticia noticed me staring. She looked down and I could see a faint blush on her cheeks. I smiled because of how cute she looked. Jay called me and I stopped staring. I smile at Ticia before heading up to the house. I put my board away and rinsed off with the water hose. Then I went in the house and took a shower while Jay started cooking. I came down and asked Jay if he needed help.

"Nah bro everything's pretty much done, you just gotta make a pot of rice." He said as he headed towards the shower.

I went to the sink to rinse out the rice. I looked out the window and saw Ticia talking to a guy. That must be her boyfriend Kaiki. Jay told me they were dating. I was on the bus when I heard their fighting today after school. I wanted to know what they were talking but there were too many noises outside. Ticia got off the swing and stomped towards the house. The door slammed shut and I heard Ticia mumbling under her breath as she headed upstairs. I finished the rice and went to watch TV with Jay. A few minutes later he went to call Ticia.

~Ticia's POV~

I only had to wait 5 minutes after Nick and jay went in the house before Kaiki came.

"Hey." Kaiki said while walking up to me

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked

"I'm sorry for acting that way after school today, what you said was right. I need to change and stop trying to impress them."

"Yeah I told you this before but haven't seen you change." I said

I knew that would be hard for him because he says one thing but does something completely different. He couldn't keep eye contact and he kept looking everywhere but at me.

"Well let's get right to the point, Ticia you are a great person and friend but we can't date anymore." He said while looking at my face

"OMG you found her didn't you?" I asked with happiness and shock in my voice.

"Yeah it happened over the weekend when I went to visit my grandma, she had new neighbors from California and once we met I knew it. She's transferring to our school next week."

"I'm so happy for you Kaiki, but wait... why did you ask me to the glow in the dark dance if you already found your mate?" I asked getting angry that he didn't tell me this morning.

"Well I didn't know how to explain it this morning."

"But how could you do this to your mate? You shouldn't have done it." I was getting mad because of the fact that he still asked me out even though he was with his mate. I wasn't angry that he didn't tell me I was angry that he kept the charade going in school when he should have just ended it sooner.

"I think you should just go." I said as I stood up from the swing and got ready to go back in the house.

"Wait Ticia... please don't hate me." He said as he tried to grab my elbow

"I don't hate you Kaiki I'm just mad that you kept this from me and you continue the charade at school for your friends sake." I said before heading into the house and slamming the door behind me.

I was so mad that I started mumbling under my breath. As I passed the kitchen I saw Nick by the sink, and just continued up to my room. I shut the door and plugged my phone into the speaker and blasted Set Fire to the Rain by Adele.