Secrets All Over

"Water... Earth... Fire... Air..." Katara voices over as the benders demonstrate as she talks. "My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept the balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked." It journeys into the map showing the world and closes in on a bender displaying all the elements. "Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished." He disappears from sight. "A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe." It shows the Water Tribe men on their boats and Katara hugging her older brother Sokka holding up a lantern. "Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken, but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world."

Secrets All Over

On the outer slope of the Fire Nation Capital City volcano, a crater wherein lies the Royal City.

At the Fire Lord's Palace in Zuko and Rin's bedroom, the Prince is tossing and turning, unable to sleep next to a calmly sleeping Rin. fed up of not sleeping, he gets up from the bed and looks over to Rin as she sleeps, he moves a piece of her hair out of the way and gets out of the bed and slips on a hooded cloak.

He slips by an unguarded path over the crater's rim, he makes his way to a prison tower embedded in the slope of another, nearby volcano, as he stands in the prison courtyard, looking upward, a guard spots him. "Who's there?" The guard cautions, but without a word, Zuko turns and leaves.

On the outer islands of the Fire Nation, it is now daytime, a mysterious cloud is scudding rapidly over the water as it lights on one of the islands, voices come from it. "I think I see a cave below," Aang tells them.

"Shhush... keep quiet!" Sokka warns him, and the cloud disperses with a blast of Airbending to reveal them, riding Appa, Sokka dismounts the flying bison and begins a covert reconnaissance. "Great job with the cloud camo, but next time, let's disguise ourselves as the kind of cloud who knows how to keep its mouth shut."

"Yeah, we wouldn't want a bird to hear us chatting up there and turn us in." Toph remarks sarcastically.

"Hey! We're in enemy territory. Those are enemy birds." Sokka emphasis his point, as he points upward to four of the so-called enemy birds, perched on a rock just behind him. One hops down onto his head and squawks plaintively and the others laugh at this but Sokka is unamused. They walk towards the cave, Sokka lurks behind, all of a sudden, he leads over their head to ward off some imaginary threat. He peers in suspiciously about, he dashes into the cave, followed by the rest of the Gaang.

"Well, this is it. This is how we'll be living until the invasion begins. Hiding in cave after cave... after cave... after cave..." Sokka drones on with his head dropping further into his chest with each repetition of the words.

"Sokka, we don't need to become cave people. What we need are some new clothes." Katara argues not wanting to live in caves till the invasion.

"Yeah, blending in is better than hiding out. If we get Fire Nation disguise, we'll be just as safe as we would be hiding in a cave." Aang adds in.

"Plus...they have real food out there. Does anyone wanna sit in the dirt and eat cave-hoppers?" Toph asks them, to prove her point she punches the cave wall and several hoppers hop out, Momo catches one and begins chowing down and the group appear revolted.