Chapter 5

Ellis Pov

Bowling. Not something I was good at. I’d like to say it was because I wanted to see more of Harry, considering he was leaving soon, but I really wanted to see Niall. I couldn’t help it, I felt like I had to get to know him. I craved him. And I had only known him not even a week..

“Two teams.” Louis looked up from the screen, stretching slightly. “Me and Harry, the ultimate win.”

“Alright then, you guys fight who gets to be on our team.” Harry motioned towards us sat down on the benches. I looked at Niall, who was sat on the opposite bench, praying he wouldn’t join them. He felt my eyes on him, and he glanced up at me, wide-eyed.  We stared at each other for a few moments, before Niall did exactly what I wished he wouldn’t do.

“I’ll join you.” He slapped his hands onto his knees, using them as support to get to his feet. I dropped my gaze from him, unsure of how well I was hiding my downbeat face. I felt a slap on my back, and looked to my left to see Zayn beaming at me, his eyes sparkling.

“Hey, it’s okay. We’ll wipe the floor with them.”

***

One game down, and we were losing. Badly. Harry finished on 136, Louis on 120 and Niall on 108. Zayn had scored 124, and me and Liam had only just hit 100 with 102 together. We had another game, but me and Liam had decided to hit the bar and get refreshments. After ordering the drinks, Liam turned to face me, grinning like a cheshire cat.

“I’m on to you.” He said cheekily, letting a laugh slip from his lungs.

“Oh yeah? How did you figure that out?” I rested my chin in my hands, leaning on the bar tabletop.

“Yeah. You like him don’t you?” I froze. What? What was I meant to say? Confess it all? What was there to confess. It was too soon. Or was that what made it feel different?

“What?”

“I see the way you look at him.”

“Me and Niall are just friends.” As soon as the words slipped out of my mouth, I prayed I could take them back.

“Oh? Who mentioned anything about Niall?” Liam winked at me. I didn’t get a chance to respond, as the bartender came back with our drinks. Taking three each, we made our way back to others in silence, with the odd chuckle coming from Liam.

“Alright One more game. Winner takes all.”

We all glanced at Harry, who was sat on the stool in front of the screen, sipping his coke.

“What’s the prize?” Zayn stood over him, stiring his drink.

Harry glance over at me as I took a seat next to Niall. As I sat down, he shuffled a little closer towards me, and I couldn’t help but smile to myself as he did so.

“The prize? A passionate night with me.”

***

I think it’s fair to say we lost. Louis was right, him and Harry were a super team together. Niall was alright, but he lot his balance an awful lot. Liam scored us a few strikes, but I kept getting a gutterball. We returned back to Harry’s and remained there for an hour or so, watching Harry Potter. Halfway through, Niall got up to use the bathroom, and Liam took this opportunity to talk to me. Thankfully, Zayn, Louis and Harry were too engrossed in the film to pay attention.

“I hope you don’t think I’m meddling, but you guys should talk. Exchange numbers or something?” Liam whispered softly into my ear. He was definitely the most caring of the group.

“I’d rather just be friends with him.” Liam scoffed at me as I said this, attracting the attention of the three lads curled up on the other sofa. I didn’t have a chance to reply to Liam, as my phone started buzzing in my pocket. A text. From my mum.

“Have you seen the time? you can see Harry tomorrow! x”

I sighed, and thrusted my phone back into my shorts pocket. Liam shrugged at me, clearly having read the text over my shoulder.

“Harry, I have to go.” I walked over to the door, but motioned for Harry to sit back down, as he began to rise form the sofa. “I can see myself out.” I left the room, and threw on my jack that was draped over the banister. I pulled on his front door, but a voice at the top of the stairs stopped me from going.

“Leaving without saying goodbye?”