Lagoona and Gil

Lagoona stumbled across the forest and into a small pond, followed by her boyfriend Gil. The freshwater felt odd on her skin, and it made her feel uncomfortable. Soon after, she stepped out of the water.

     "What's wrong?" Gil asked her. Lagoona shrugged, then set her hand against a tree trunk.  Gil walked up to the tree and wrapped his arms around Lagoona's waist. "We shouldn't be here," he said. "The Freeze is gonna be coming soon." Lagoona nodded, then grabbed Gil's hand and walked away with him. 

     After walking for several minutes, the allies reached the abandoned city. "Let's look for chests," Lagoona said. She stepped into an old house, then opened a chest and pulled out a bow along with a set of arrows. She proudly showedthem to Gil, who looked at her in surprise.

     "Do you even know how to use that?" Gil asked her. Lagoona shook her head, then handed the bow and arrows to Gil.  "Look, Venus is over there," she told him. Lagoona pointed over to Venus, who was looked through a chest in front of a building. Gil slowly pulled an arrow back and aimed,  then released. He and Lagoona then closed their eyes just before the arrow struck Venus's head. Lagoona walked up to the dead body, tears streaming down her face.

     "Let's go," Gil told her. He pulled the arrow out of Venus's head, then grabbed Lagoona's hand and walked her out of the city. 

Dead: 9

Alive: 15