Tender

Chapter 1

Tender

Jeth leaned down to kiss her, his hands cupping her rosy red cheeks that heated at his touch. He loved this woman in front of him dearly, her eyes shone up at him through her lashes and after four years of marriage they were still going strong. Their marriage wasn’t a typical marriage; in fact it was an arranged marriage with people who got left behind. Jeth with his previous engagement that never happened and Olivia with the heart broken Roman, Jeth’s younger brother. Their lips finally touched and she began to shiver lightly, the mere feel of his hands and body against her used to make her flinch, make her cry but now she only yearned for it. They pulled away when the voice on the intercom interrupted them, a woman’s voice in thick Russian signaling that their private jet was ready to board and leave to their new destination. He let go of her as his hand slid down to her waist and hung onto her love handle as he led her to their assigned gate, in his other hand he had their carry on bag in tow. Olivia was at a fragile state at the moment and it was in Jeth’s best interest to look out for her, her health and safety was his first priority.

When the finally walked onto the perfumed and cleaned royal blue carpeted cabin a flight attendant greeted them, her Russian sounding just like their mother tongue, Olivia and Jeanne had always hit it off do once they saw each other Jeanne engulfed Olivia in a bone crushing hug, they chatted their way to their chosen seat before Jeanne told them she had to attend to the pilots for a while, she gave Olivia another warm hug before walking away leaving her in the arms of the protective Jeth. He settled her down onto a comfy seat and gave her a quick kiss before getting up to stowaway the carry on bag and talk to Jeanne their personal attendant that he wished for a smooth flight and that it was important that Jeanne see to it that everything will go well with the flight as his wife was not feeling well at all. Jeanne smiled and was almost teary eyed as she stared at the man in front of her. Jeanne wasn’t an old woman but she knew the face of a person, and the look on a persons face when they are truly and deeply in love. She just couldn’t believe it, it was Jeth, the biggest playboy who jumped from girl to girl, he even tried to hit on her once, but Jeanne knew better. He was the strong-headed man that has always been harsh and would not go through any great lengths for a woman, but Jeanne saw his gorgeous wife already falling asleep in one of the chairs, and couldn’t help but smile. After confirming everything Jeth walked back to his seat and buckled himself in right next to his sleeping wife before sliding his hand underneath hers and caging their hands together, he wanted to hold her hand for take off.

Olivia had gone to sleep in a matter of minutes. Seeing his wife sleep so tenderly made him reminisce the first days of their marriage. They slept in separate rooms at the time, their parents had made them break up with any previous relationships they have had to quickly acquaint the two with one another and as quick as a blink of an eye in a matter of three weeks they were rushed into a brief but lavish white wending then sent away to the great motherland of the Yurov family, Russia. The first few days were difficult; it was obvious they did not love each other and at the time there was a mutual feeling that they never would. But as time began to progress he started to see the light in her, and she in him. He saw how caring she was to the housemaids, how gentle she was to nature, to the plants and flowers she would personally flower each day to the guard dogs who tire and laze of boredom outside, but even in her accepted attire for a woman of her age and status she played ball in her floor length silk dress, the flex of her arm sending waves throughout each plane of her body. She cooked well too, her mother had taught her well he thought, and eventually he begun to try and make the marriage into something it was supposed to be, into something marriage was supposed to be. A union of two people who love each other dearly no matter what and until death do them part. She saw the protectiveness in him if she would get hurt, even the smallest thing like getting pricked by the thorns of the rose bush. She saw his handsome tiresome face doing a hard day work and wished she could just help him, soothe him, they both wanted a change, and they both secretly wanted each other. Eventually they indirectly knew that they should at least try to make it work, even if it didn’t work out at least they had tried. He started asking her out on dates, surprising her with flowers, peonies, ranunculuses and roses. She started welcome him home each day, no longer despairing and looming in the dark longing for her ex-boyfriend, the curtains of the wide windows were now opened and light shone through them, instantly lighting up the whole house, it was so much nicer this way. The household helpers had also started to see the change in them and finally they also started to treat the two as a couple. Soon enough the dates were no more, the past lovers long forgotten and the separate rooms no longer necessary. The two had begun to act like a legitimate married couple. Long distance phone calls were no longer necessary as Roman and Katya had been shoved to the back of their minds, and as long as they were both together, living under one roof in a great large mansion in the outskirts of St. Petersburg they had been the happiest they have ever been in the course of their marriage, four years later they were on the flight back to America.