i. Жизнь или смерть

i. Жизнь или смерть
(Russian for 'Life or Death')

Optimus shot at another walker that was approaching the mini van. He could hear the poor girl's screams as the walkers surrounded her, with bo way out.

"HELP!"

He shot at one walker thatw as closer to her side of the door. Now he had the walkers attention. There were about 6 of them and they all started to move away from the van towards Optimus.

He knew he only had 4 bullets left in his pistol. He had to make them work. He shot at two near him. One bullet went straight through both of the skulls. He shot another two the same way. Then he shot the remain two when the last two bullets.

He ran towards the van, first making sure no walkers were around before he looked inside the van.

There was a little girl around his son's age (12) and a woman no older than 25. The young woman looked up and saw Optimus staring back at her. She slowly but carefully opened the mini van's door and stepped out with the girl holding her hand.

"Thank you, sir."

"You're welcome. Is there anywhere I can take you? Like tour home or a shelter or something?"

"No. There's nothing left. My parents, Saphire, and I were at a homeless shelter. But someone got infected and started biting other people. We had to take this mini van. But somehow my dad, my mom, and my two older siblings were bit and they turned."

Optimus watched the young woman slowly before he looked at the young girl holding her hand.

"Арче, я хочу домой. (Arcee, I want to go home.)"

"Сапфир, мы не можем. Некуда идти. Прости. (Saphire, we can't. There's nowhere left to go. I'm sorry.)"

Saphire slowly began to cry into her older sister's shirt as she thought about all the terrible things that were happening. Arcee sighed sadly as she hugged her sister closely.

"I can take you someplace safe. My family and other survivors are up in the mountains. It's safe up there. Just come with me. There's food, water, shelter, fresh clothes, everything."

Arcee looked down at her sister before she looked back at Optimus.

"If I go, will there be any weapons? Something that I could at least fit into my pocket to protect myself?"

"Take this."

Optimus handed her another pistol which she gladly took and placed it in her jean pocket.

"Thank you, um,"

"Optimus."

"Arcee. This is Saphire." Saphire began to wipe her tears away while Optimus knelt down next to her.

"Here."

Optimus held up a teddy bear he found in his home. Saphire slowly took the bear and held it close to her. She slowly smiled up at the former officer.

"спасибо. (Thank you.)"

"What did she say?"

"She said thank you."

"You're welcome."

The girl smiled and Optimus and Arcee looked at each other.

"My cruiser is right there across the street. I can give you a ride."

"Thank you. We would really appreciate it."

Optimus nodded before the trio ran to the cruiser, each of them staying alert. Arcee sat with Saphire on her lap while Optimus started his cruiser.

They drove off before the walkers behind them could get near.

~

Optimus continued for about a couple hours. He once in a while glanced over at Arcee and Saphire to make sure they were okay.

Saphire had really grown to liking Optimus. She sometimes curl up next to his arm as she took a nap. He would smiled while she quietly snored.

He hoped that when time passes that she and Arcee will live long enough to start a family and settle down in a peaceful area. No walkers, no drama, nothing but peace.

Optimus was interrupted by his thoughts by static. He looked at the radio and slowly went for it; hoping someone will say something.

::He....o?....llo?...Can any....hear m...::

"Elita? Is that you? Elita?"

"Optimus? What's going on?"

"I just heard my wife talking on the channels."

Arcee went and switched to the right before Optimus heard Elita clearly.

::Hello? Anyone there?::

"Elita? Elita, it's me! Can you hear me?"

::Oh my Primus! Optimus?::