chapter ten: pluto minkus

hours passed before they had finally arrived at the matthews residence. all maya could think about was seeing mr. and mrs. matthews again. she remembered that the last time she saw them and auggie was months before she was pregnant. now auggie was almost thirteen, time really did fly by. the only thing maya didn't know, was that they had organized a welcome home party for her and hope, everyone was there, except lucas, of course. he was in indiana. riley knew that farkle and lucas and zay still talked, since they had always been super close, and she knew that he was staying there another two months before heading back down to new york to open up a school for women and children who have been abused. this was because his mom almost passed away a few years ago from all the beatings she endured from his father, who was now in prison. as the car came to a stop, riley got hope out and grabbed her tiny hand. while farkle parked the car and maya got her purse and hope's backpack. as they walked up the steps of the building that maya got to know so well, she couldn't help but feel nostalgic. she had missed being here. this had always felt like more of a home than her own, solely because the matthews were a family. 

''okay, maya, hope, we're going to need you to close your eyes.'' maya looked at riley, confused. her friend only eyed her, until both girls obliged, then farkle opened the door and they all walked in, riley flipped the light switch and maya and hope opened their eyes, then everyone - topanga, corey, zay, smackle, katy, shawn, josh and his family, and auggie and ava all jumped out and yelled, ''SURPRISE!'' maya looked over the couch and saw a huge, ''WELCOME HOME'' banner. she put her hands over her mouth and her face got teary. soon she began to cry and grabbed hope in her arms. ''thank you so much everyone! i missed you all!'' she then walked over to corey and topanga and hugged them, letting them hold hope, and then she walked over to smackle and zay, who happily greeted hope as well, and also let maya know that they were expecting their first child together. maya happily congratulated them and then walked to shawn, who looked at hope, with a smile. ''so, this is the little rascal i keep hearing about?'' maya laughed and said, ''yeah. this is hope renée hart. hope, this is shawn hunter.'' hope smiled and hugged shawn, who looked at maya and mouthed, ''well done.'' 

the rest of the night, maya spent it catching up with everybody, and even found out that auggie was in student council at his school. she smiled and asked him if he still liked ava, who was off playing with hope. he looked down at his hands and sighed, ''well, i guess. but, i mean, she likes this new kid at school, so, it doesn't really matter. at least we're still best friends.'' maya hugged him and said, ''hey, i felt the same way in middle school. remember the triangle between lucas, riley and i? well, i was hopeless because i thought lucas would have never chosen me, but, he did. so, don't give up. you're going to meet a lot of new people before you find the right one. it's just a matter of time. okay, kiddo?'' auggie nodded and ran off to join ava and hope. maya smiled and turned around, josh was handing his six year old son, noah, a plate of food. maya walked over just when noah was about to run off to eat, but josh stopped him and looked at maya. ''noah, i want you to meet someone.'' they both looked at maya and she said, ''hey there, mini-uncle-boing.'' noah shyly smiled at her and josh said, ''this is aunt riley's best friend, maya. that makes her your aunt, too.'' little noah smiled, handed josh his plate, and shook maya's hand. josh chuckled and said, ''oh, come on, champ. she likes hugs.'' he looked at maya and wiggled his eyebrows, making her laugh. 

after meeting his son, maya met josh's wife, bethany. they had met after she transferred to new york to attend nyu. they got married, bethany got pregnant and then they had noah. maya got along well with her, and so did noah and hope. the party was almost over when riley started to get stomach pains, and then hope exclaimed, ''mommy! auntie riley peed!!!! uncle farkle, auntie riley peed!!'' farkle immediately began calling his parents, while maya helped riley stand from the couch. topanga ran into the guest bedroom and got all of the baby's things. maya tried getting riley up from the couch with josh's help, and bethany volunteered to watch the kids, along with isadora. zay drove to the hospital, since farkle was completely freaking out. along the way, maya tried telling riley that everything was going to be fine and to just breathe. corey and topanga had decided to wait for farkle's parents, so they could all go to the hospital together. riley held a firm grasp on maya's hand as she took long breathes. maya remembered what she felt when she was about to give birth. riley had been with her through it all, since she had visited over the summer. maya then began quietly singing to riley, trying to calm her down. 

they made it to the hospital just in time and riley was admitted into the emergency room, with farkle trailing behind. they let maya go in, since farkle was going to be too busy freaking out, riley had asked her to record. she gladly agreed and recorded all 12 hours of labor. riley then asked maya to take a photo of pluto cornelius stuart minkus. she did so, happily and posted it to her instagram. 

instagram

mayahartist: meet my nephew, pluto cornelius stuart minkus

mayahartist: meet my nephew, pluto cornelius stuart minkus. congratulations riley.sunshine.xx  and minkus.pluto ... he's so adorable!!!! 😻😻👶🏻👶🏻

438 k likes  273 comments 

-

he's so cute! also, i did want to make pluto and hope the same age, but they're four years apart.

comment and vote!

-mimi<3