chapter sixteen: hope's birthday part 2

maya and lucas just looked at their best friends. neither one really knowing how to explain what had just happened. maya didn't know how riley would react to her not telling her that she and lucas were dating again. and that they had slept together, riley would freak out. but there was no use in hiding it now, so, with a deep breathe, maya looked up at riley. who's arms were crossed against her chest, and farkle, who was looking at riley. maya grabbed lucas' hand in hers and smiled. ''so, i guess there's no point in hiding it now. lucas and i decided to give this a try. we've been spending some time together, and we've been talking about getting back together. the reason we haven't said anything is because we're not sure how hope and leia will take it.'' riley smiled and lucas added, ''we were also planning on telling hope that i'm her father tonight.'' to this, riley cheered. she had always wanted hope to know that lucas was her father. maya hugged her best friend and apologized for keeping such a huge secret from her, but riley shrugged it off and said she'd make up for it by telling hope she had a father. and a sister. maya thanked her and the four of them walked back to the party. maya and lucas danced with both hope and leia and had so much fun, and by the end, when everyone had gone home - riley and farkle with a fussy pluto - maya and lucas decided it was a good idea for hope and leia to have a sleepover. 

''girls! come to the kitchen, please.'' katy and shawn had gone out for the night. it made maya absolutely happy to see her mother in a new, healthy relationship. she had wished for it for so long. lucas and maya smiled when they heard the sound of tiny feet pattering against the hardwood floors. leia had glitter in her hair, while hope had makeup splattered all over her face. maya and lucas gasped when they saw them, and then started laughing. they helped the girls get cleaned off and then sat them down at the kitchen table to talk. hope sat next to maya, across from lucas, who had leia on his lap. ''so, um, hope...remember when i said that daddy would be back very soon?'' hope seemed to think for a moment, before nodding and smiling at her mommy. maya smiled and looked at lucas. she had been waiting for this moment for a long time. she couldn't wait to see her daddy. ''hey, leia, remember when you told me you wanted a sister?'' the little girl nodded and giggled. maya looked at her and remembered her own daughter at that age, well, two years ago. lucas looked at his daughter and then at hope, who gave him a slight grin. she looked so much like maya, but she had his green eyes. he couldn't believe that he was her father. it seemed almost perfect that he and maya had a daughter from the love they shared. and that daughter made fate bring them together to this moment. 

''well, uhm, girls. well-hope. we have news for you.'' the little girl looked from maya to lucas, then back to maya. lucas smiled and looked at both his daughters, and then his beautiful girlfriend. maya took a deep breathe and then said, ''hope. you're daddy's back. he came to your birthday party like you said you hoped he did!'' the little girl squealed with excitement. she jumped off the chair and started dancing. maya, lucas and leia laughed. the little girl hopped off her daddy's lap and went to dance with her sister. when the girls finished dancing, hope looked at her mother and asked, ''where is he?!! mommy!! where is he?!!'' maya looked at lucas and smiled, she got up from her seat and walked over to lucas, who put an arm around maya's waist and looked at her. this was really happening. leia looked at her dad, scrunching up her nose in confusion. ''well, lucas?'' maya asked, trying to get him to say something. he smiled and looked at his older daughter, her green eyes hopeful. he felt tears form in his eyes as he said his next words. ''hope. it's me, i'm your father.'' the little girl looked at him, she couldn't believe what she was hearing. her father was right in front of her. she didn't think twice before wrapping her small arms around him. ''i love you, daddy! thank you for coming back!!'' maya couldn't help but get teary as she held little leia in her arms. the three-soon-to be four year old had no idea what was going on as she chewed her pickle.

when hope finally let go of lucas, the four of them decided to go to the park for a bit. before it got dark. as they played, lucas asked maya to take a photo of him and his daughters,  and she did, he posted it to his instagram. 

instagram

lucas_friar98: today i celebrated the fifth birthday of my first born daughter, hope renee friar

lucas_friar98: today i celebrated the fifth birthday of my first born daughter, hope renee friar. i might have met you only months ago, but i wouldn't change anything for the world. i promise to be here for you forever. i will never leave your side. your mom, sister and i love you to pieces. you are our little piece of hope. <3

love, dad 

263 k likes  183 comments 

meanwhile, maya decided to post photos from her daughter's birthday. since she hadn't been able to earlier. 

instagram

mayahartist: just a little something from my little girl's FIFTH BIRTHDAY!!! where have the times gone? thank you riley

mayahartist: just a little something from my little girl's FIFTH BIRTHDAY!!! where have the times gone? thank you riley.sunshine.xx for helping me make it special. we loved it! <3 

273 k likes 242 comments 

mayahartist: my little angel (who's not so little anymore) is shy when it comes to taking photos

mayahartist: my little angel (who's not so little anymore) is shy when it comes to taking photos. but tonight, was special so i managed to snap this photo of her super adorable party outfit. i can't believe five years ago, i had just held you in my arms. you were so tiny, and now you're almost all grown. your daddy, sister and i will always love you. keep being that charismatic and super intelligent little girl we know you are. and please stop getting so big. <3 

love,

mommy. 

231 k likes 134 comments 

-

awee :,) this book is almost over!!! ahhh!!!! 

comment & vote 

-mimi<3