Memory Lane

That one really knocked me out. I'm out cold again.

Someone had to hear my agonizing screams for help. Someone had to hear the constant echo of my sorrow racing through this tunnel.

I've been down here for far too long. Somehow I'm still alive...somehow.

Why do I constantly fight them...knowing I can't win. KNOWING! The next time I fight back it'll be my last. They took me from my family, friends, and any other people who cared about me.

You have to get up, you can't fake being unconscious forever. Even if you pull it off, they have ways of waking you up. You can't fight back...you're far too weak. They said one more slip up and they would bring in someone to take your place. You shouldn't be using this to plan out an escape strategy...just rest and everything will be OK.

WOULD I BE?!

WOULD IT REALLY BE OK?!

There has to be another way I can get a day without...

Suddenly my body is woke up with a flow of electricity coursing through every vein in my body . I slightly open my eyes, yet everything's a blur. I can see the silhouette of a man bent down. His face right in mine. It has to be them.

"Get up sweetheart" he whispers in my ear. I feel his searing breath scorching the side of my face. It felt as if alcohol was being drowned onto an open wound. My eyes closed back up.

I prayed to god everyday, since the day I was abducted, asking him help me out of this situation. I prayed for forgiveness. I then realize that I can't continue to keep praying...I can't continue to let them mutilate the fabric of my being until it's nothing.

I felt another pulse of lighting shoot through my body.

"He said wake up you disgusting bitch"!

I felt two people lift me off of the ground...they did it like they were lifting a feather. I was stood up on a chair and a rope was placed around my neck.
"Now let's see how catatonic you can be...lets see you squirm" said a voice I found very familiar. All I could hear is laughter. How could someone find pleasure in torturing another person?

I felt the smooth wood under my feet begin to be pulled away slowly until the tips of my toes were on the edge of the seat.

It was gravities turn now. I tried to lift myself up, yet I was too weak. I should have listened to the unconscious me...it's time to let go.

The last thing I saw before gravity tried to pull me down....was a symbol in the shape of eye, on the back of the man. It looked like a logo.

I'm not finished...I can't be....

To Be Continued 10/11/17

A Month Earlier

"Amber wait up"! I screamed as she pranced in front of me.

We were on our way to Jeffery's Food Market to grab some scotch tape for her project. You know the tape with the cute emojis on them.

"Come on girl, you're too young to be running slow" Amber screamed as she franticly ran down the sidewalk.

Amber and me have been friends since second grade. We've done so much together. I can still hear the enthusiasm in her voice until this day. Amber was never sad(well from what I saw she never was). She was the type of person to always wants next person happy.

When we arrived at Jeffery's , two boys glared at us. One was latino and the other is black. Amber looked at the two boys and laughed. We entered the store and browsed for the tape. One of the boys walked in and came towards the isle I was in.