Chapter Six: A Day of Rehab

Unfortunately I'm a mean author, so I won't do a time skip to when you start training. Instead I'm adding another chapter of basically nothing. Lol.
Also starting tomorrow I'm going back to school (due to teacher strikes our schools were closed for a week) so I won't be able to update as much as I want to anymore. However, I'll do my best to keep up.
Thank you!

The next morning, you wake up under a pink blanket. You laugh reminiscing about the night before. After pretending to be bothered by what Meta Knight said for a while, you clambered onto his bed and hugged him tightly.
Which is still the position you're in now.

You wonder if Meta Knight even wants to be in such a relationship with you though. You're just a normal girl with nothing special, yet this cute and kind knight says that he loves you.
You wonder whether or not you're only living a dream and that Meta Knight would leave you soon.
You weaken your hold around Meta Knight and close your eyes again.
This time he wakes up. He pries your arms off him and pets your head.
"Good morning." He says and kisses you on your cheek. He jumps off the bed and heads to the kitchen.
Wait... the kitchen?
You probably hadn't run faster in your life.
Except...

"OW." You collapse. Amidst all your thoughts you had totally forgotten about your ankle.
"Y/N? What happened?" He asks.
"Oh, I wanted to make breakfast but I forgot about my ankle..." You reply. Meta Knight sighs, and rolls you back over to the bed and tosses you on top.
"I'll make breakfast. You stay there." Meta Knight walks back over to the kitchen, pondering on what to make.

"Oh Sir Meta Knight! I heard both you and Y/N are injured so I made you breakfast." Lady Like says, rolling in a cart.
You sigh in relief.

After eating breakfast, you face reality once more that you have nothing to do.
Bored, you lay back down on the bed.
"Lucky you can walk normally." You say to Meta Knight, who is pacing back and forth.
"Yes, but it bothers me that you are injured Y/N. After all, it's because of me."
"It's not your fault. Anyway, do you want to watch TV?" You ask.
You sit and watch Dedede's comedy show, which only Meta Knight laughs at.

Later, Kirby comes bursting in with a couple apples.
"Poyo!" Kirby hands one to each of you.
"Thank you, Kirby." Meta Knight says.
You smile. Kirby, overjoyed, runs out to get more you assume.
"This looks like it's from Whispy Woods." You say.
"Yes, it most certainly is," He replies, "I'll save mine for later."

Later, King Dedede storms in this time.
"Why can't anyone knock?" Meta Knight sighs.
"Sire! Please slow down!" Escargoon comes slithering in.
"Y/N! Meta Knight!" He shouts.
"Yes What is it Sire?" Meta Knight asks.
"I wanted to make sure that you're both okay!" King Dedede says.
All of you blink three times.
"What?" Escargoon says.
"I said I wanted to make sure that they are both okay!"
"Um Sire?" Meta Knight says.
"What?!" King Dedede takes his hammer and whacks Escargoon as punishment for making him say the same thing twice.
"... Never mind. Thank you for your kindness." Meta Knight thanks him, and you smile.
"Thank you."

With that, King Dedede runs out leaving poor Escargoon to rush out after him.
"What was that all about?" You ask.
"My guess is that he still likes you Y/N." He replies.

Oh wait did I say that King Dedede gave up on you? Sorry that must have been the NME Salesman.

For the rest of the night you both lie on Meta Knight's bed and tell lots of stories.
"So, are you ever going to make a new Halberd?" You ask.
"I'm not sure. I had a dream once where I destroyed it." He sighs.

"Tiff once wrote in her letter that she "never wants  to 'share' food with Kirby again. Why?" You ask.
"We share by something called face-to-face. One moment." Meta Knight grabs his apple from earlier, takes his mask off, bites it, and kisses you putting the piece of apple in your mouth.
After eating it you reply, "I don't see what's so bad about it, though I guess if it's something other than an apple I probably wouldn't want to even try." You laugh.
"King Dedede finds it disgusting as well." He says.
"But I thought that's how penguins feed their young." You reply.
After a moment of silence you both burst out laughing.

You realized that this Knight wasn't going to leave you for quite some time and there was nothing that could make you happier.

Sorry that was a bit shorter than normal, but I'll see you next chapter!
Bye.