Trauma

Another tiring day at work has me dragging my feet to the car. All I want to do is go and make a cup of tea and watch tv. But sadly I can't. I have to pick up my daughter and take her to bed and hope I don't get called in tonight.

I walk in to the Day Care and sign in to pick up Baillee. I lost everything the night he took us out. I *wanted to give up. But she keeps me going. This beautiful green eyed girl keeps me from losing myself again. I guess things could have been worse. I have a steady job as a Cardiac surgeon. I live in a nice neighborhood. I can provide for my daughter. I shake my thought from my head and think about what I'm making for dinner tonight.

"Mommy! "

"Baby!" I say back.

" I play wit Trevor today mommy. He nice. He share icken nuggets wit me."

"Oh really?"

"Uh huh." She nods her head profusely.

"Haha okay. Let's go okay? What do you want for dinner?"

Just then a tall man came in and looked flustered. He had curly black hair and gorgeous blue eyes. Every thing about him seemed Persian almost. Tall, slim but fit build, modelesque features complete with the slim nose bridge, full pink lips. He was gorgeous.

"Hey Tammy." He said to the other woman at the receptionist desk.

"How ya doin sweet stuff?"

"As good as I can be. The training was today. Crazy. I'm supposed to meet the high cardiac surgeon tomorrow. I hear she's pretty tough."

"Say, Chey, ain't you one of them doctors up at the hospital?" Tammy says to me. I was busy putting on Baillee's coat and hat on so I wasn't exactly paying attention.

"What?"

"Aren't you one of those surgeons down at St. Mary's?"

"Yeah I am. Why do you ask?" I ask politely.

"Demitrey here just finished his residency and his the new surgeon there! Says the boss is a force t be reckoned with."

"I would know, I am the boss."

It was then I took notice of Demitrey. He was looking me up and down with impressed and awed eyes. I couldn't possibly see why. Yes I was 33. But in high school ran track, swam, played volleyball, basketball and cross country. I have always been active so I went to the gym at least three times a week. It's hard but it's worth it. I was in shape. I have a fashion addiction sorta. I was a doctor, yes, but that didn't mean I couldn't dress. I had on beige pants with grey pinstripes. I had on a pure white pea coat on over my cerulean blouse. My hair was shoulder length and lightly curled.

"Demitrey" He stuck out his hand.

"Cheyenne"

"Daddy!" A little boy came out who looked exactly like him.

"Trevor!" His face broke out into a smile.

"Mommy that's the nice boy!!!!" She was jumping up and down in excitement.

"That's nice. I'm gonna get going now, have a nice night." With that I walked out the daycare and made my way to the car. I had no idea we had a new employee! Then again people say a lot of things and I just ignore them. I drive home and decide that we're having Chinese Pepper Steak.

We get home and Baillee runs upstairs and plays with her toys. For a three year old, she's pretty calm. Don't get me wrong, she can be her own little ball of fire. I take off my shoes and tie my hair up and get to the kitchen to make dinner. As I was cutting the chicken, my mind drifted to Demitrey and his gorgeous smile. I know I shouldn't even be thinking about guys but I cant help it he's really great eye candy. About an hour later dinner is ready and we eat. Before we know it, it's 8:30 and its our bedtime.

"Ready for bed bae?" I love her nickname.

"I thinik so." She says.

In the shower she was busy playing with her toys and I was busy shampooing her unruly curls. She was a mix of black, Italian, and Hispanic. She was such a beauty and I worry for her when shes gets older. I chuckle to myself. She had light brown almost blonde hair and they were in tight but soft curls. After the shower I put her in her pajamas and read her favorite story and she was out like a light.

I went downstairs ans cleaned up and went up into my room and got ready for bed myself. After showering and wrapping up my hair I was in bed comfy with a steaming cup of cider and going through emails. I felt my eyelids droop with every email I was replying to, and went to bed.

I was in bed for 4 hours before I was called into the ER.

Phone rings

"Hello?" I say slightly annoyed.

"Hey chey sorry to wake you, but we need you right now. A woman is going to a coma and she needs a surgery right away. How quickly can you get here?"

"In about twenty minutes tops."

"Make it quick."

I sigh and call my next door neighbor. She comes over and takes Baillee with her without question. Shes's one of my best friends. Her name is Mia and she works and St. Mary's too. She's a neonatologist and isn't on call and always takes Baillee when I'm called in.

"Just another night." She chuckles as I hurry and throw on scrubs and hurry to get out of the house. The air was frosty and bitter. I grumble as I pull out the driveway and step on it to get to the hospital.

*

"Thank god you're here! Her right atrium had a complication and her her heart valve collapsed. We're going into surgery."

'Okay, ill prepare."

I go through the standard procedures and go into surgery. Successfully, I was able to put a splinter to open it and she would be in the ICU for a day or two depending on how she's feeling when she wakes up. When I get home its 7 in the morning and I have work in 3 hours. I pick up Baillee from Mia's since she has work too. I dress her and get her ready for daycare is at 8. While she picks out her outfit which could go from 30 seconds to 45 minutes, I pick out my outfit too. I decide on grey dress pants and a pink cashmere top. I came back into Baillee's room and saw she had put on her shirt backwards.

"Mommy I a big girl!" She beams

"Yes you are!" I fix her shirt and make her breakfast and turn on the television and hurry to get dressed. I hate early morning ERs, they always mess up my scedhule. I came down stairs and we got into the car and we were off to start our day.

I buy a quick bite at McDonald's and buy a coffee and a parfait. Bad, I know but I'm pressed for time. I arrive to the hospital on time and ready to face the day of patients, and surgeries. I get into my office and set my bag down.I was just hanging up my coat and I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in"

"Hey Chey, this is your newest doctor. Demitrey Smith. I'll leave you to go over what you need and don't forget that you have your first patient of the day in 30 minutes."

"Hello again."He says.

"Hi, to formally introduce myself, my name is Cheyenne Masters and I'm the Head doctor for the Cardiovascular facilities. As you've heard, I'm tough. Not because I'm mean because I care about my patients. I have the first appointment you can have the second one which will be in about an hour or so. Any questions?"

He had the same impressed look on his face and it wasn't a smirk now. It was a full out grin.He had dimples and that just added to his gorgeousness. "No, actually yes, do hand all reports to you?"

"That's correct. I hope you like it here at St. Mary's." With that I walk out my office to my first patient of the day.

*

NEW STORYY!!! Yes, I decided to write one since we got 6.2k VIEWS ON BOLD WAVES!! Yes, I will still be updating BW, and this one as much as I can. I hope you like it!