Chapter 7: Playing With Life And Death

As we pulled out of the parking lot Jesus had already started speeding, ignoring every stop sign and almost every red light, we were maybe 6 minutes away from our houses but something changed, the world began to go into slow motion as both of our lives flashed between our eyes.

"JESUS LOOK OUT!" I screamed while a pickup truck slams into the side of my door.

Jesus POV~

All I remember is Haley screaming for me to look out, but it was too late I had already run the red light and was hit by a pick up truck. I remember my car spinning around as I tried to reach for Haley but then all I seen was black.

"Sir, Sir are you okay, I'm calling 911 right now, Hang in there for me."

I started to come through again and looked to my right to see Haley was no longer in the car, there was a hole the size of her in the windshield and that's when it hit me that she had been ejected from the car, I took my seatbelt off and opened my car door, at this moment I was running on pure adrenalin.

"Sir you need to sit down you could be a lot more injured then you look." A bystander had said while I looked for Haley.

"Haley where is Haley," I asked the man telling me what to do.

But before he could answer I saw her lying on the road I ran over to her and picked her up in my arms." Haley I am so sorry, I should have listened to you. Please don't leave me. I love you!"

as I picked her up in my arms I started going in and out of consciousness then blackness took over my eyes.

At the Hospital

Dream~

I could hear a baby crying but had no idea where it was coming from, each corner I turned was just a longer hallway with a sharp turn at the end of it. Finally my heavy feet led me to a door where the crying was becoming louder and louder. I knew whatever it was, was behind this door. 

I gently turned the knob hoping not to scare what was crying. As I opened it I could see two babies in a crib one was asleep but the other was disturbed and crying. As I made it closer to the crib I could tell that one of the babies was hurt.  Bleeding from the chest. As I tried to pick it up it turned to dust. I could feel the tears filling my eyes. 

"What did you do Jesus! You could have been a great father. But you had to drink,  you had to speed and run every sign and light. Why?"

But as I turned around the voice was gone and I was falling down a hole. That's when I woke up.

Jesus POV~

As I opened my eyes I felt the oxygen burning my nose from the tube being placed there I could see both my moms and twin sister Mariana. Mariana spotted me first and walked over to me.

"Jesus are you okay, do you need any water." Mariana says while I start sitting up in the hospital bed.

"I'll go get a nurse." Lena says while walking out the door.

"Jesus, What were you thinking. I thought I taught you better then to drink and drive. Especially knowing I'm a cop!"

"Mom where is Haley? Is she okay?" I asked avoiding what they were asking me/telling me because deep down I don't know why I did it.

"Her parents took the first flight back to town, they're in her room with her right now but Jesus she hasn't woken up yet? She lost a lot of blood during the accident.

"I need to go see her right now mom, or talk to her nurse something isn't right." I start to panic which just causes the heart monitor to go crazy with beeping.

"Jesus you need to.."

"Mom don't tell me to calm down I need to know if it's true."

"If what is true?"

"Mom get me a nurse now!"

My mom walks out the door to find Haley's nurse while I'm stuck with Mariana.

"Jesus is everything okay?" She asks while sitting next to me in the hospital bed.

"Mariana, I- I think Haley might have been pregnant and I killed the baby." I say while tears begin to fill my eyes