Chapter 5

When the time came for team placements everyone was waiting with baited breath. Kakashi refused to tell them which girl was on their team and told them they would have to wait until they were announced. He still continued to train them though. When Naruto walked in that day it was with his head high. He was still wearing the red camouflage pants and tape and this time he wore a black jacket instead of his usual blood red one. And Kiba took notice of the white ten tailed wolf on the back of it. Though there was something new Naruto now sported a scar on the side of his face and neck. It was a burn scar too much to their shock. It wasn't that bad it was a minor superficial scar. But it was a scar none the less. What surprised them was his left eye the one that was within the scar.

Kiba said, "Whoa when did that happen because you didn't have it the last time we saw you?"

Naruto said, "Yesterday."

Sasuke came in just as Kiba asked and was very down for some reason and it only got worse when Naruto looked at him turning to look over his left shoulder. Sasuke came over and actually shocked the ones present by touching Naruto's face and they saw the tear slid down his face and Naruto merely reached up and wiped it off and said, "Enough I'm fine."

"Yeah your fine." They all heard the sarcasm in his voice, "You bare a burn scar across your face, neck, most of your chest, arm, and back. Plus add in the fact you're now blind in that eye. Yeah you're fine Naruto." Said Sasuke

They all heard the fact he was upset and that his voice broke and he actually hugged the other boy and said, "I'm sorry."

Naruto sighed heavily but returned the affection anyway and said, "And I told you yesterday at the hospital there was nothing for you to be sorry about. It was an accident it happens man. I wasn't fast enough is all? That wasn't your fault you weren't trying to hurt me."

They were shocked and Choji said, "Sasuke caused that seriously?"

Sasuke moved and was actually crying much to the other kids' shock and Naruto sighed and said, "It was a training accident. We were sparing and he used his new fire Jutsu. He used Phoenix fire which makes several small fireballs that attack the enemy. I wasn't expecting it and mistook the signs for his fireball Jutsu. So I wasn't expecting more than one fireball to come flying at me. I dodge most of them the last one I misjudged its trajectory and it hit me. I don't blame him he didn't mean for me to get hurt but Sasuke feels guilty for it. Even our Sensei didn't blame him and Sasuke he tried to explain this to you didn't him. That it was an accident and that accidents happen all the time." He actually made Sasuke look at him and smiled, "I'm not mad nor do I blame or hate you. It wasn't on purpose if it was then yeah I would hate you for it man. But I don't." his smile got bigger as he added, "You're my best friend man. Hell we're more than that Sas. We're brothers alright I would never hate you for something that wasn't your fault."

Sasuke merely nodded and Naruto merely hugged him tightly and said, "Hell the only thing that sucks is I have to redo my Id picture now man."

Sasuke chuckled and started laughing at that and Naruto said, "Good it's better when you're laughing and happy as opposed to upset and crying. Sides I thought Uchiha didn't cry man."

Sasuke smiled and shoved him and Ino saw him and said, "Whoa Sakura said it but I didn't believe her. Man that looks bad. Are you sure you should be up and moving right now?"

"Yeah I heal superfast. I mean you do remember I died right for like three hours and came back perfectly fine. Yeah blood limit allowed for that. And this was healed as of midnight so I'm alright." Said Naruto smiling at her.

"Can you still be a Nin I mean with the fact you only have one eye?" said Ino

"Yeah Sensei only has one visible the other is hidden by his hai-ate." Said Sakura from the doorway.