The Potato Model

The flight landed, just in time too. I was really tempted to punch the kid beside me in the face. He was loud, obnoxious and threw three tantrums in a four hour flight. My mp3 could only do so much against his crying. I scurried away from him as quickly as possible, almost running. I did gain a few glances from the people I almost stumbled into, but at least I was away from that kid. I started to walk normally as I got closer to the luggage area.

"Ella Valentine Smith!" The high-pitched voice rang up behind me. I turned around and saw Cynthia prancing towards me.

“Whoa…” I thought to myself as I saw the girl from my high school years. It had been…five years since I had actually seen her in the flesh. I had watched Smackdown, which was the show she was on, and I saw her grow up, a little. She got into wrestling when she was about 19. Her dad was a Superstar and she wanted to follow in her father’s footsteps. She was good at what she did in the ring surprisingly.

 "Um pardon me, bitch, where have you been all my life?" She laughed, as she hugged me, accidentally hitting me in the back of the head with her purse. "Oh, I’m so sorry!" She giggled as she stood up straight again.

"I’m alright." I rubbed the back of my head and smiled.

“You better be, bitch.” She laughed. I raised an eyebrow at her. “How am I supposed to live with myself if I hurt the baby of our trio? And before KJ even got to see your smiling face?” She scoffed dramatically. I laughed quietly. She had changed so much from a 5'3", black haired, junior in high school to a tall model blonde.

“You wouldn’t live with yourself because KJ would kick your ass.” I smiled. She shook her head and glanced behind her. “And why in the hell are you wearing heels? You are a skyscraper!” I laughed.

"Well, 5’7” seemed a bit short in the business. The heels are to make my legs look great!” She laughed putting an arm around my shoulder, leading me to get my luggage. I raised an eyebrow at her.

“You went from 5’3” to 5’7” and you’re saying you’re short?!” I snapped playfully. “I am 5’4”, bitch, and I haven’t grown an inch since I was in 6th Grade!” I nudged her. She shook her head and raised her eyebrows with a small smile.

“I said they make my legs look great too!” She defended herself. “Plus with the new blonde hair, long legs are so in right now.” She insisted. Her hair looked like it had bleached in the sun. She had hidden behind her black hair for so long, it was going to take time to get used to the new looks.

"If you say so.” I shook my head at her. “So, where did you just come from?” I asked as she grabbed her suitcase from the luggage carousel.

"We just came from Dallas. We have a show here in, like, five hours. I was a little late because I was with some friends and Natalie." She said glancing back again. I grabbed my luggage as she looked back at me. I guess this Natalie girl wasn't a good friend of hers.

“I swear Cynthia was friends with everyone that was willing to listen to her.” I thought to myself.

"Speaking of friends, I want to introduce you to Barbie." She said nudging me along to a bench nearby. “She’s totally amazing.” She smiled and nudged me down. I looked at what Cynthia was wearing compared to what I was wearing.

I was in black sweatpants and had my glasses on. My white outlined pendant star necklace hung underneath my tee shirt that read 'Let the Music Take Hold' with a cassette tape. She had a short denim skirt on and a pink tank top with pink heels. She even had make up on! I woke up to get through the day, not seize it, woman! Stop making me look bad! Oh no…did she have to dress like that? I quietly hoped not. I would be dead in three minutes if I even had to put on high heels and get on a plane.

"Okay, wait here, I'll try and find her. If I get lost or something, I'll text you. Hold my stuff." She said breaking me out of my trance. Leaving her suitcase beside mine, she walked away. I sat on the bench and got out my phone.