Dylmas - Thomas' Asthma Attack

Oof. It has been a fat four months since I updated this and I'm so sorry. That wasn't supposed to happen. Enjoy!
Thomas' POV
My lungs wracked and heaved as I coughed, the lack of air I was receiving from the smokey set causing my chest to tighten up. Fake bullets fired during the scene.
"Cut!" Wes called out as the sound effects and explosions stopped. He walked over to me and patted me on the back.
"Sorry, mate." I managed through coughs as he nodded. He knew I had asthma and reminded me it was okay, but most times it would slow down filming. We didn't have this issue during the first film because I was rarely in it, whereas now I'm one of the main characters seen.
"It's okay. Just take your time so you can be ready when we start again." Wes walked back to his spot and someone got my inhaler; I took two puffs and we resumed.
~
As I was firing my gun during the final battle between WCKD and Thomas' group, the camera zoomed in on me. I made sure to fire the gun like I was supposed to. Don't mess up, I thought. Thankfully I got through the part and we filmed the rest of the takes until the last speech that Dylan would make as 'Thomas.'
"Action!" Was shouted. Dylan started talking and I did my part, where I look up at him as he speaks. Barry finished his, "What's the plan?" line and Wes filmed Dylan for six seconds then cut. We were finished filming 'Scorch Trials.'
"That's a wrap!" Wes smiled as everyone cheered. Everyone except me. Why now? My lungs started to close and I couldn't catch my breath. I could feel my chest tightening as I ran out of air. I gasped needing my inhaler and I couldn't remember who had it. I was becoming lightheaded, swaying in place. Dylan must've seen me because he ran over to me, right as I fell to the ground, my sight becoming blurry as I held onto his jacket.
Dylan's Pov
I cheered with everyone else, the feeling of accomplishment moving through the air. I looked around at everyone's smiling faces and looked to Thomas a few feet away. He was gasping, trying to find air. I got to him as fast as I could, but he collapsed, grasping my jacket as I kneeled down, placing his head in my lap. My whole body filled with fear for Thomas, like all those times of shooting a death scene, but this was real.
"Get Thomas' inhaler!" Someone left to find it at my request and my body filled with panic. Tommy's eyes fluttered, he was about to go unconscious.
"Crap." I cursed under my breath as I whispered, "Hold on, Tommy. It'll be okay, just try to breathe." I brushed his hair off his forehead as he struggled to stay awake.
"I've got it!" A crewman said, handing it to me. I put it to his mouth, pressing the button, as his lungs started to finally fill with air. Thank god, I thought as his gasping slowed and he fell into an exhausted sleep. Everyone was staring and I could feel their concerned gazes on the back of my neck.
Thomas' Pov
I woke to the smell of medicine and chemicals. My bones were stiff and I had to blink a couple of times to adjust to the bright light. I was in a hospital room, Dylan sitting in a chair at the end of the bed, staring at the floor.
"Dyl?" He looked up at me, then came to the bedside.
"Hey." He grabbed my hand, paused a moment, trying to get the words out. "God, I was so worried about you." I nodded in response, giving a reassuring squeeze to his hand.
"I'm okay." I told him, but I could see he didn't believe it. He nodded anyway.
"So what happened?" I asked, my face flushing red with embarrassment.
"Well," He says, "we brought you here after your inhaler was found. The doctor said if we hadn't found it, you'd probably be..." He stopped talking, a lump formed in his throat. I finished his sentence in my head.
"Shh. I know." I said, reaching up and moving his hair from his face.
"So when can I leave?"
"This afternoon." Dylan smiled. "But you have to do an interview. Your accident is all over the news." I rolled my eyes. Great.
~
So, Thomas, we heard that you had an asthma attack on set of Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials." The interviewer paused and I nodded in confirmation.
"How long have you been diagnosed with asthma?"
"Since I was thirteen." I told her and she nodded. She had too much makeup on.
"So has asthma made it harder to act in your past and recent films? Or has there been no difference?"
"Um, I think it's made acting a little more difficult than it should be. I've had to pause filming sometimes, but my directors have always been very patient with me." I adjusted in my chair. The interview lady nodded and smiled.
"I just have one more question for you."
"Alright." I motioned for her to continue.
"There are some rumors," she said, "that you and Dylan are together. Is it true?" I pause, shocked at the question.
"No, we're just friends." The interviewer, Betty, concluded the interview and thanked me for my time, before leaving. I got up and flopped down on the bed, letting out a huff. Someone knocks at the door and I half-yell, "Who is it?" not wanting to answer any more questions.
"Dylan."
"It's open." The door squeaked as he came in, chucking at my position as he sits next to me.
"You okay?" He asked and I nodded, sitting up.
"She asked me if we're together." I looked at him for a response. "I told her we're just friends."
"Yep, we are." He grabbed my hand. "But were best friends." I nod in agreement.
"Hey." I nudged him in the arm. "Thanks for saving me yesterday. I never got to thank you for that."
"Anything for you, Tommy." He smiles at me and I smile back, knowing this friendship will last a lifetime.

Fin.