Chapter Eighteen

I wake up, my head pounding. Dammit! How could I be captured? I keep my eyes closed, hoping that nobody will realize I'm awake.

"She needs to wake up, we don't have enough time." I hear someone say.

"Looks like that shouldn't be a problem." Fuck! I'm roughly shaken and I snap my eyes open. He doesn't pull back his hand fast enough and I lash out. He stumbles into my bed as I pull him forward. My canines elongate and I snap at his neck.

Suddenly he's pulled away from me and the other guys fist crashes into my mouth.

"Do not do that again, or the punishment will be hell of a lot worse." I spit the blood in my mouth at his feet and he slaps me.

I fall back into my bed and glare at the two bastards that kidnapped me. I'm so done with dealing with all this shit. I'm done holding back.

Their mistake was not restraining me. I launch myself at him and I catch him around his waist. He tumbles to the floor with me on top of him. My nails sharpen and grow longer. I swipe them at his neck and his blood covers my face.

The guy that I first attacked wraps a rope around my neck. I begin shrieking. There is silver in the rope and it's burning my skin. I claw at it but it results in burns on my hands. He drags me to a corner and shackles me to a wall. The silver cuffs scrape and burn my wrists. I snarls at him and try to attack him. He jumps back and I hiss as my wrists hit the silver. He laughs and stares at me, a smug smile on his face.

If looks could kill, he would be six feet under. Sadly, they can't. He turns to leave and looks at his fallen comrade. He frowns and shakes his head before leaving the room. I shout and bang my feet against the floor. Anger builds up in me as I think of how much I have lost and how much I have yet to lose.

I remember how the guards protected Gary but left me to the wolves. Literally. I guess I forgive them because they didn't let them take Gary as well as me. Maybe they had a reason that they would leave their Queen to be kidnapped. I hope it's a fucking good one too.

The pale lighting and the white walls quickly bore me, I mean, could they not give this room a little color? The only color in the room is his dead body and all the blood.

Dead body. Keys? I inch forward, nearly there I kick out with my feet and drag him towards me. My arms straining against the bindings, I have to force my screams to go silent and unheard. I dig through his pockets and come up with nothing. I wrinkle my nose in disgust as I shove his body away. This is the grossest thing I have done in my life.

I feel nothing for the life I took. No remorse. No sadness. No regret. Not a god damn thing. Maybe that's considered bad, but I don't care. He was a piece of shit. A monster that enjoyed hurting people. I wouldn't say he deserved to die because no one deserves to die like that.

The door opens and I snap my head up. Frederic's brother comes in and smiles at me. Doesn't sneer, smiles. That, of course, makes me sneer.

"I have a proposition for you." He says, stepping over the dead guys feet. He crouches in front of me and I scoot back.

"What?" All I want is to get out of here.

"Give me your thrown, and you can go." He smiles like it's that easy.

"First of all, the thrown is my mates, second of all why don't you ask him? I'm sure if you proved yourself a good ruler and an ally he wouldn't put up that much of a fight."

He shakes his head. "Then you don't know my brother." He continues. "He doesn't make anything easy." He doesn't look in my eyes as he finishes speaking and begins unlocking the hand cuffs containing me.

I rub my wrists as they tumble out of the binds. The skin is raw and blistered from the contact. I hiss as he grabs my hand and yanks me up. The smallest movement makes my wrist hurt. I glare at him and his eyes seem to say I'm sorry.

He leads me out and brings me to another room. This room is bright and has a bigger bed. I have a closet and a bathroom attached to it. I walk inside but fail to move fast enough to stop the door from closing. And locking. Cursing I bang on the door.

"Enjoy the room sweetheart." I hear his stupid footsteps walk away and I sigh. Why the fuck does this shit happen to me? I walk to the bed and climb on it. It's not as comfy as mine but it will do. I yank the covers up and try to go to sleep. Not working I decide to explore the room. The bathroom is full of the regular necessities and the closet is packed with clothes. How long did they think I was going to be here? Either I was going to escape, or Frederic will come and get me. But I think we all know what I would choose.

Another update for my strong and loyal readers. This time it didn't end with one of them sleeping! I was in a rush to give this to you so enjoy.