Chapter fourteen: Confessions

I must have fell asleep in the truck because I woke up to someone knocking on the window. I blinked a few times as I looked around and I saw Julia standing outside of the truck.

I opened the door and got out, but almost fell in the process. Julia grabbed ahold of my arm, but I pushed her back. I looked at her for a moment. "What?"

She stared at me for a moment. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." I said as I yawned.

"Why were you sleeping in your truck?" She asked.

I shrug. "I must have fell asleep."

She kept staring at me for a moment. "Did you skip the rest of your classes today?"

"Yeah." I plainly said as I was staring at her.

She sighs. "Why, Dana? I got a call from your teachers and they told me that they haven't seen you."

I wanted to laugh. This woman was so fucking confusing, and to think that I actually thought I liked her..

"Do you not remember what happened earlier?" I ask as I was watching her.

She stared at me until she looked somewhere else. "Yes, I do."

I chuckled. "Ok then. Don't ask me questions about why the hell I wasn't in class." I started to turn around, but she grabs my arm.

I turn towards her as she was staring at me. "We need to talk. For real this time. No more running away. No more dodging it, Dana. We need to talk."

I nod. "Ok." I cross my arms. "Here?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "At my house."

I gave her a confused look. "Why the hell there?"

"Where else? In public where someone can see us?" She asked.

She has a point.

I nod. "Fine. I'll follow you."

"Thank you." She said. She walked away and I watched as she walked over to her car.

After she got in, I got into the truck and started it up as I was waiting for her to leave.

Whatever was about to happen, I sure as hell didn't like it.

-

Sitting on this couch in Julia's living room wasn't making this situation anymore better.

Thank God her wife wasn't home.

I couldn't control this urge to fucking kiss her for some reason. I don't know if it was because of what happened earlier, or what but it was driving me crazy.

I didn't understand how the hell she was acting like it wasn't a big deal about what happened, but I'm sitting over here trying to calm myself down.

She has my head spinning.

I hate these feelings. I never intended for them to happen and I wish they never did. I can't explain why or how I feel the way I feel when I'm around her, but I don't like it.

I hate it.

The thought of her makes me crazy and it only makes me want to kiss her.

Again.

And again.

I watch as she sat down next to me and I stare at her for a moment until she looks over at me. "Ok," She sighs. "let's talk." I nod as I watch her. "What happened earlier.." She took a deep breath.