nine!

[ NOTE: NOT TEXTING ]

tyler truly did want to go to new york city, to find oliver. he meant what he told emaline. but he wanted her to agree. he wanted her to say yes. he didn't want to go alone. he knew there was no way he'd ever find oliver.
plus, emaline and oliver had history. there might be a chance she'd know places where he could be in the city. maybe places he talked about that he always dreamed of going to there. tyler was nervous. emaline will tell him no. but all he could do was sit,
and wait.

               _________________

emaline lay on her comforter, staring straight up at her popcorn ceiling. the only thing that kept her room lit was the dim, orange glow of her lamp. she thought for what felt like hours over tyler's messages.

"i'm going,"
"whether you come with me or not."

it was all too much for emaline to wrap her head around.
she was scared.
she didn't want tyler to go to new york city alone. he would get so lost out there all on his own. and that couldn't happen.
emaline knew he was serious too, if she said no, he would go without her.
and, emaline did not care at all for oliver any longer. really, she still felt a bitter remorse toward him. just the thought of him made emaline sick.
'if i did this' thought emaline 'it would be for tyler's safety, not oliver.'
emaline continued to think.
she thought of tyler.
she thought of oliver.
she though of-

kate..

what would kate think? would kate be mad at me? would she think i'm leaving her? would kate think i was doing this, for oliver?
no..
that can't happen..

emaline felt like her heart was tearing in half. she loved kate so much. recently, she'd even comsidered asking her out officially, to be her girlfriend.
but because of the situation emaline had been tangled into, she wasn't sure that could happen.
' kate would probably be upset that i went through with this, she'd be upset that i cancelled our plans. she'd be upset id be leaving her..'
emaline felt as if she was tearing herself in half now.
she began to cry softly, turning over and pressing her head into her pillow as she wept. dirty blonde hair fell over her face as she bit her lip.

emaline hated feeling weak. helpless.

after a moment, she sat up, wiping her tears away. she assumed she had mascara dripping down her face, but, she didn't think much of it.
she took a deep breath.
' i am leaving, not for oliver. im leaving to protect tyler. i am not leaving forever, i am leaving for no more than a few days. i will be back.
kate will not hate you, emaline. things are gonna be okay.'
emaline began to calm down. her thoughts made sense. she reached under her bedsheets and grabbed her phone.

things are gonna be okay.

                  _________________

emaline is typing!

tyler's heart stopped as the notification lit up his screen.
he bit his lip

' please say yes
please say yes
please say yes '

emaline
i've made up my mind

i'm coming with you.

tyler began to smile, just a little, feeling a great rush of relief.

tyler
there's a bus leaving to new york tomorrow

after school, 5:00 pm

it comes back a week from then.

i can get the tickets now

emaline
do it

get them

tyler
i will

and

thank you so much emaline

emaline
sure

i wouldn't want you going alone, shitface:)

tyler
:)

[read 11:58 pm ]

emaline put her phone down and let her body fall onto the bed again. she closed her eyes.
she wasn't gonna tell kate where she was going just yet.
she didn't want her to worry.

things were gonna turn out okay.

_________________

oH MY GOD WOW I POURED MY HEART OUT INTO THAT CHAPTER

i rlly enjoyed writing it actually:) <3

anyways sorry a majority of it wasn't texted just let me know what y'all think

i'm hoping people are actually liking this ok bye

-maddie