Almost Made

It's been about 4months since I stopped school and about 3weeks ago , my mum met one of her high school mates who lived in the Uk but had a Fashion institute in Victoria island Lagos. Since we had nothing , mum explained that she might be of help to her. Mums friend; aunt Rachael was willing to help us. For the time being we would move in with her since our rent was due in about a week.

We moved into aunt Rachel's house and I was so excited because I thought it might be a beginning of new experiences in my life. I met aunt Rachel's daughter Kamila and son Felix.

They seemed nice to me for a bit but I couldn't tell for sure, Felix was about Sarah's age. 12 to be precise.

Mum told her friend about all we went through after dad's sickness and how Sarah and I had to stop school; this made her feel terrible.

The following week aunt Rachel payed all our bills for school(St. Relinas college) and we resumed. I had to drop a grade because I missed about a whole term. So instead of year11 I was in 10, but Sarah didn't have to drop cause she was in junior school. I was in the same grade as Kamila, but I noticed she wasn't as interested as I was in school work. A new school, struggling to fit in cause I wasn't from around here, trying to make my presence felt wasn't easy at all. The topics were all like revision sessions for me because I had already done most of it. I wasn't accepted as well as Kamila was. "She was new too" , I thought , but probably because she was from the UK- as such treated nicely.

History was the last class of the day , through out today I made no friends , even Kamila didn't act as much she knew me , I felt pity for myself ; "It was all good", I thought.

"Ugh!" After school was words than the start , we had to wait till we were picked up, around here it seemed like everyone knew everyone else. I tried searching for Sarah in the school walkways and the hall, I couldn't find her. Eventually I saw her sitting alone by the drama hall , "she must have found today as hard as I did".

- "Sarah what's making you feel down"

- "Feel down? No Im not down"

-"Then what's wrong"

-"to be honest, I'm feeling kind of very 'up' , today was great! I made a lot of friends and everything"

I looked totally confused : " but you're new"

"Everyone at school here seems to like Felix , and he told them that I was living with him, everyone thought I was as cool, they wanted to be around us.

Felix just left to check for kamila , he'll be back in a bit."