II

For You

CHAPTER TWO

02 | unedited

           LAST NIGHT WAS TOO COLD FOR AVIONA to train, so she prompted herself to just stay inside and do her upcoming homeworks. Snow had covered the roads and the greenery, the houses, and everything else; they had been turned into a winter wonderland. A sheen layer of snow covered the yard, dusted the top
of the truck, and whitened the road. But that wasn't the best part. All the rain from yesterday had frozen solid — coating the needles on the trees in fantastic, gorgeous patterns, and making the driveway a picturesque ice slick.

This would be a problem for Bella though. She had enough trouble not falling down when the ground was dry; it might be safer for her to go back to bed now. But of course Avi wouldn't let her. The blonde girl burst into her bedroom early in the morning and practically shoved her out of the covers and the comfort of her bed and into the biting cold air.

Charlie had left for work before Bella got downstairs. In a lot of ways, living with Charlie was like having her own place, and she found herself reveling in the aloneness instead of being lonely. Avi wasn't much of a talker, though somehow she began talking more after coming in this godforsaken place, but it still felt like she was alone. The girl didn't hover and knew when to say and do something.

Bella threw down a quick bowl of cereal and some orange juice from the carton. She felt excited to go to school, and that scared her. She knew it wasn't the stimulating learning environment she was anticipating, or seeing her new set of friends. If she was being honest with herself, she knew she was eager to get to school because she would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid.

Aviona noticed the excitement radiating off her sister, who was practically jumping in her seat. There was a skip in her step, she noticed with a raised brow. Someone was giddy today. Well, that made two of them. Wait, no, just one, Avi groaned inwardly. She did not just admit to being giddy, that was a slip up. No, she did not just thought she had a slip up. Ugh, she groaned again, her thoughts are all scrambled.

“Are you okay?” Bella asked once hearing the groan coming from the blonde across her.

Aviona swiftly nodded and spooned her cereal. “You're excited.”

“Oh,” Bella blushed, embarrassed and cringing, “Is it that obvious?” at Avi's nod, she cringed more then groaned, “I don't know what's happening to me. I should be avoiding him entirely after my brainless and embarrassing babbling yesterday. And I was suspicious of him because, you know, why should he lie about his eyes? I'n still frightened of the hostility I sometimes feel emanating from him, and I'm still tongue-tied whenever I picture his perfect face. I am well aware that my league and his league are spheres that did not touch. So I shouldn't be at all anxious to see him today,” she rambled then stopped, blushing a shade darker at seeing Avi's teasing grin. “Stop that!”

“Stop what?” the blonde asked innocently as she spooned her cereal again.

It took every ounce of Bella's concentration and Avi's attention for the brunette to make it down the icy brick driveway alive. She almost lost her balance when she finally got to the truck, but she managed to cling to the side mirror and save herself and Avi held her by the shoulders before she could fall. Clearly, today was going to be nightmarish for Bela.