Reject

It was the morning after the night before. It was a morning that was filled with snow and misery. I walked downstairs to find my mum and older brother already sitting at the kitchen table with toast and coffee, we never said anything we just knew not to say anything. I looked across the room and out the living room window and I could see the police tape up outside with mulitiple men in different suits walking in and out of the builiding. The previous night the entire flat block had been awoke by two gun shots, these shots killed my neighbours, a young couple in there 20's who had lived in the flat for no more than six months. All we had heard so far it was a robbery gone wrong and the unsub had got away before the police got there, nothing like this usally happens in my area so we were all pretty shook up. I didn't say much, just picked up the cup of pre-made coffee and retreated back to my room.

Looking out the window in my room I looked over washtington city as the snow fell down that morning, it was pretty spectacular, I didn't want to leave and I decided I wasn't going to. My mum was going to work any minute now and she would understand anyway under the 'circumstances'. I sat for half an hour until I heard the door slam shut to signify her leaving.

"You not going to school today either?" My brother Tom asked, he was the year above me and clearly wasn't moving today either. "Nah, I'm gonna pass" I gave a half heart smile and crashed onto the couch. My brother had the walking dead on, season 1 episode 1, he was planning a marathon. It was gonna be a pretty good day depsite circumstances. Slowely the hours crept by and five hours later it was two in the afternoon and we were starving.

"Syd" Tom smiled at me

"What?" I glared at him, he was going to ask me a favour.

"If I give you money will you please please please go get us food?" He gave me the most cheesy grin ever, I couldn't say no to that.

"Ughhh fuck, fine" I groaned and rolled over the back of the couch to go get ready. The snow had calmed a bit by now, so I put on a pair of light skinny jeans, a large oversized hoodie and a red body warmer. Running a brush through my long blonde hair which had a natural wave to it i tossed my hood over it. My face was doing okay today so I got away with a little mascra and eyeliner. I plugged in my earphones, got the money and made my out the door. The police had all packed up in appartment next door to me, but now the door across the hall from me was, a women came out and smiled at me. It took a minute to click but these must be the new neighbours. What a day to be moving into a new flat - the day after your 'new neighbours' get murdered. No flat goes up for sale long in the neighbour hood, it was a well off area with a typical feel good american vibe to it, sometimes it sickened me but I just had to deal with it. I took a slow walk from the elevator to the front door, the doorman Kirk was there. He was a sweet old man who's wife was ill in hospital, he felt like my adopted grandad, we exchanged our hellos then I set off to the shop.

Not many people were out in the street, just a couple of police men and a few cars. I was caught in a daydream listening to the maine when the smell of pizza caught me. I knew it was destiny and had to go in. 20 minutes later I was on my way back up with a pizza, garlic bread and juice - a meal made in heaven. The snow was starting to fall heavy again and it was getting colder, luckily I was home now. Walking in the elevator I rest my head on the glass at the back when another figure steps in, I look up and I didn't know who he was - and I knew everyone in the building.

"Was it worth it?" He wasn't American, but Australian. Even though I hadn't seen his face he was already becoming more attractive despite his rudeness. He stood with his back to me and wore a grey hoodie with the hood up, he was tall and towered over me. Despite the snow was wearing black vans.

"Excuse me?" I ask, what was he talking about?

"The pizza. Was it worth going out into the snow for that 10 minutes of joy?"

"Er wow, I guess so. I am pretty hungry and the pizza is pretty good" I laughed nervously, who the hell was this guy?

"I dunno about that, but I would have to try to find out" he finally turned around and wow. I could not find the most expressive words to emphasise the beauty in him. His piercing blue eyes clashed with his red cheeks, cold from outside, his cheeky smile and lip ring could melt the snow and his tall musclar structure from the front just completed him. I went to say something but I only stuttered.

"I might have to get you to try it with me some time" he gave a cheeky smile. Fuck.

"Erm Erm sure" I began to laugh nervously. Holy shit, could I not be lame in my life, just for once. The elevator stopped and we both got of

"Well I'm just up here, I guess I will see you around" he smiled

"Yeah sure" I gave with a stammer, couldn't I come up with a better range of vocabulary?

"Sorry I didn't catch your name?"

"Sydney, but please call me Syd, and yours?"

"Luke, Luke Hemmings. Hope to see you soon Sydney" and with that he was in his house while I just stood exactly in the same place where I got off the elevator. Was this real? Was he real? All I knew was I need to speak to him, and soon.