07

About eight hours had passed since Connor took Evan to the hospital. Connor had fallen asleep while he waited, seeing as he had nothing else to do.

A nurse approached Connor, and gently tapped his shoulder. Connor shifted and then paused for a moment, before opening his eyes and yawning.

"You're the one who brought Evan Hansen, yes?" They asked him.

Connor nodded at them, "Yeah.. Did anything happen while you treated him?! Oh god.."

"No no, he's perfectly fine! I was just coming by to say that you may see him now," the nurse explained.

"Thank you. What room is he in?" Connor stood up.

"He's in room 243, the second floor," the nurse replied.

Connor nodded and went to see the elevator. He pressed the up button, and waited a brief moment for the elevator to come down.

"Good god, how the fuck did this happen?" Connor ran his fingers through his hair before sighing.

The elevator then came down with a ding, opening its doors for Connor. No one was inside, to Connor's relief. Connor stepped inside and hit the number 2 button.

Connor then leaned back and waited, as the elevator pulled itself upwards to the next level.

Once coming to a stop, Connor stepped out and went directly to room 243.

The hallways were somewhat busy, doctors walked with patients, nurses rolled down some needles and other various tools. Connor turned his attention to Evan's door. He went there and knocked.

A doctor answered the door, looking at Connor. "Hello there, young man. Here to see Mr. Hansen?"

"The nurse downstairs said I could see him now," Connor nodded at them.

"Ah yes, come in," the doctor moved, and Connor bolted into the room, scanning over the room for Evan, catching his gaze as he sat on the bed, a cast on his left arm.

"Evan!" Connor ran to him, and engulfed him in a tight hug.

Evan winced, his wounded arm being pressed was painful enough. "C-Connor.. arm."

Connor immediately let go. "Crap, sorry. I-I'm just.." He exhaled. "I'm glad you're alright."

"I-it's okay! It's not your fault.. It's mine.." Evan looked down.

"How's it your fault? You fell, from what I saw. You just lost your grip," Connor stated, rising an eyebrow.

I let go

"I guess.." Evan mumbled softly.

Connor put his hand on Evan's shoulder, and gripped it tightly. "No more guessing. It wasn't your fault and nothing you say can change that."

"But-"

"Evan- Nothing will change my mind."

Evan exhaled, then looked up at Connor. He wanted to tell him, he wanted to say why he let go but couldn't find the courage to. Instead, he embraced Connor into a tight hug.

Connor jolted from the sudden close contact, but relaxed into it, and hugged him back.

"Thank you, Connor.. For being there.."

Connor made a small smile, and whispered, "You're welcome, Ev."