Chapter 8- Angelo

Angelo

I see Victoria has stopped when we were falling through the crack. Very well.

While we fell through, we saw a series of peculiar circumstances. First, we plunged into darkness. A few seconds later, an unnaturally strong gust of wind slowed our fast descent in freefall. We passed through a floating ring of bright yellow light. What is going on, I asked myself. However, it only got more incomprehensible. As we traveled further down the inexplicably long crack in the earth, the walls of the crack were lined with flames and water flowing upwards and circling at the end. Both the water and fire seemed to extend down forever. Finally, we reached ground. I was steadied by a pale hand and Victoria was caught by a dark-skinned man with black hair and dark eyes.

"Thanks," Victoria said to the man.

He simply nodded and walked away. Turning to the person who steadied me, I almost lost my balance once again. Staring back at me was a silver eyed girl with dirty blonde hair and pale skin.

"Bee?" I asked, incredulous.

"Hello, Anj," Bee replied.

"What are you doing here? How did you survive? Actually, how did we survive?" I questioned.

"I will explain later," she responded vaguely.

"Who are you?" Victoria asked, coming up behind me.

"My name is Behira Pemstein. And yourself?" Bee asked.

"I'm Victoria Blackmore." Victoria said.

"Pleasure to meet you Miss Blackmore. If you would both be so kind as to follow me," Bee started walking away.

Following her orders, Victoria and I followed slightly behind her.

Trying to break the silence, Victoria asked, "so you two know each other?"

"Yes, we were childhood friends," Bee replied.

"He had friends?" Victoria asked.

"Speaking of which," I piped up, ignoring her comment, "You've changed your speaking patterns?"

"Yes, all will be explained soon," She responded.

"Alright, where are we?" I asked.

"You will find out in a short while," Bee said.

"You've said that three times already, when are we going to arrive?" Victoria questioned, annoyed.

"Now," Bee answered, turning one more corner.

We had arrived in front of a plaza. In the middle was a circular area with red, white, blue, yellow, and green in a swirling pattern with black stone outlining it.

"This is our main plaza," Bee said, then smiled to the man who was approaching us.

Her smiled instantly faded when the man narrowed his eyes at me.

"Father-" she began, but stopped at a look from him.

Father? I knew her father and it wasn't this man, I was thinking when suddenly the man quickly grabbed me and put a knife to my throat. Both Victoria and Bee's eyes went wide with shock. Why was I being threatened? Actually, to be more precise, why was I the one that had a tendency to be threatened?