Chapter 4- Victoria

Victoria

June 17, 3141 08:06 a.m.

"Victoria," a voice said.

Looking up, I saw a short man in black pants and a purple shirt walking towards me.

"Hello," He said. I noticed that he had a french accent.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" I asked.

"My name is Blake Cesare. I will explain everything else when you follow me."

"Ok," I said. "Where are we going?"

"You see, I have collected all the survivors and dropped them off at Scotland."

"Oh, I've always wanted to go there!" I said happily "Wait, there were other survivors?"

"Yes, thirteen in total."

"Good," I said. "I'm not alone on this planet."

"Very well, we've arrived."

There was a black jet with the words NASA written in white.

"What is this?" I asked.

"This is a NASA X-42," He responded. "A vehicle that can travel almost ten times the speed of sound."

"Because I know exactly how fast that is," I said sarcastically.

"7,000 miles per hour."

"Wow."

We got in and he started the engine. A few seconds later, we arrived in Scotland . There, he led me to a huge two-story white house with a grey ceiling. Once inside, the others greeted me and introduced themselves. They explained that the rain was acidic and didn't know why the sun got bigger and hotter, however, it seemed to kill everyone who wasn't pure, allowing whoever did it to have a fresh start on the world. The Purifier, which was what it was apparently called, seemed to have killed the person responsible for it. 'Serves them right,' I thought. 'Unless the Mayans were right about their gods destroying the earth, the person who did this was killed by their own product. Probably some billionaire who was bored and messed up.'

"Well then, if you don't have any questions, shall I show you all to your rooms," Blake - who you know already - said.

"Well most of us know already," a man with cream skin, blue eyes, and short, light blonde hair named Albin said, and many of them filed out.

The only other one besides me who stayed followed Blake. He had dark hair, tan skin, and ocean-blue eyes. The man, Angelo, had a scowl on his face the whole time.

"Angelo," Blake said, stopping in a hallway, "you will be here. And Victoria, you will be there." He pointed to a door in the same hallway.

I went into my room and flopped down on the bed. Everyone here was so much older than I was, except maybe Angelo and Blake. I had just turned eighteen five days before any of this happened. 'Well,' I thought. 'Only one thing to get my mind off...everything.' Shopping.