Chapter two

Emily's POV

I walk home while wincing at every step. I go upstairs to my room and fall onto my bed. I close my eyes and fall asleep. My alarm wakes me up. I groan into my pillow before getting up to get ready. I walk to school. Thomas tries talking to me throughout the day but I ignore him every time. After school I go to the music room to play the guitar. A few tears fall from my eyes. I hate going to school. I'm always being bullied when I never did anything. I wipe my tears away and keep playing. I hear the door open but I pay no mind to it. Someone sits down next to me. I stop and look up. It's Thomas. I sigh and stand up. I set the guitar down and turn to leave. Thomas grabs my wrist.

"Can you at least tell me your name?" he asks.

"Emily," I say. He nods. I try pulling my wrist free from his hand but his grip tightens. I give up and just look at the floor. I can hear someone getting closer. I close my eyes and hope that nothing happens to me.

Thomas's POV

Carter, the most popular kid, comes into the music room. He looks between Emily and I.

"What is going on here?" He asks. I quickly glance at Emily. I open my mouth to reply but Emily beats me to it.

"Nothing, I was just leaving," she says. She pulls her hand away and steps past Carter. He smirks and follows her.

Emily's POV

I know Carter is following. Before I can leave the school, Carter grabs my arm. I try pulling away. I'm shoved against the lockers. Carter moves closer to me. I try pushing him away but he grabs my wrists and pins my hands above my head. His body is pressed against mine, pushing me more against the lockers. His lips connect to mine.

Thomas's POV

I go into the hall to see that Carter is kissing Emily. She's trying to get her hands free. I grab the back of his shirt and pull him away from her. I punch his jaw and the hit knocks him to the ground. Emily is crying. I wrap my arms around her. She is trembling. I run my fingers through her hair, trying to help her calm down. After a bit she starts calming down. I put my hands on her shoulders and hold her in front of me. I start wiping her tears away with my thumbs.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

Emily's POV

I can see the concern in Thomas's eyes. I nod in reply to his question.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" he asks.

"You don't have to do that," I reply.

"I'll walk you home," he says. I nod. He grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers. We start walking to my house.

"Are you sure you are alright?" he asks. I nod.

We get to my house. I hug Thomas and thank him. He smiles and walks away. I go inside and up to my room. I wake up and get ready. I go outside and Thomas is waiting.

"Ready to get to school?" he asks. I nod, confused at why he is here. He grabs my hand and we start walking. When we get to school a couple boys run up to us.

"Guys this is Emily, Emily this is Ki and Dylan," Thomas says. I give a small smile and give a nod. Ki and Dylan hug me. I look at Thomas in confusion. He chuckles.

"Guys let her breath," he says. Ki and Dylan pull away. After school I go to the music room like normal. Thomas is waiting.

"Come on. We are going to the park with Ki and Dylan," he says.

"They don't mind that I'm going?" I ask. He chuckles.

"They want you there. You should have heard them in class," he replies. I nod. I let Thomas bring me to the park. Ki and Dylan are waiting for us.