Chapter three

Thomas's POV

I think I'm starting to fall for Emily. She is beautiful, kind, and smart. I keep glancing at her from the corner of my eye. Dylan pulls me away from Ki and Emily.

"Do you like her?" he asks. I can feel my face heat up as I nod. He grins.

"I have a plan," he says.

"No you don't," I reply. I go back to Emily. Her and Ki are laughing. Oh my god her laugh. It's beautiful. Dylan pulls Ki to the side to talk. Emily looks at me. She finally has a smile on her lips. I can tell that I'm smiling back at her.

"No," Dylan whines.

"What?" I ask.

"My mom wants me to go back home. She said I have chores. Noooooooo," he replies. Emily giggles.

"Get your butt home then," Ki says. Dylan starts running.

"I have a report due in a few days so I should also get going. Wish I could stay longer," Ki says. I nod and he walks away.

"What are you doing when you get home?" I ask.

"My parents aren't going to be home for a few months so probally sleeping," she replies. I nod.

"If you don't want to be alone I can hang out with you if you want," I offer.

"That sounds fun," she says. I nod.

"Want to go now?" she asks. I nod. We stand up and go to her house. We sit on the couch. I grin as I get an idea.

Emily's POV

Thomas stars grinning.

"Why are you grinning like that?" I ask. He moves closer to me. He starts tickeling my sides. I start laughing. I'm very tickelish. Thomas laughs along with me. I grab his wrists. I gasp for air. Thomas chuckles and kisses my forehead. I can feel my face heat up. I yawn. Thomas wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer to him. He moves so that I can lay my head on his chest. I fall asleep listening to his heartbeat.

Thomas's POV

Emily falls asleep. I smile and wrap my arm around her waist. I close my eyes and fall asleep. I wake up hearing the door opening and then someone talking. I try going back to sleep thinking that it is my imagination.

"Emily," a voice gasps. Emily and I sit up quickly.

"Mom, dad," she says. I cuss under my breath.

"You didn't call and tell us you got a boyfriend," her mom says. Emily blushes.

"We aren't dating. I fell asleep and Thomas must have fallen asleep too," she says. Her mom looks sad.

"He would be perfect for you. Unless he is a player," her dad says.

"Mom, dad, just go unpack. We will talk about this later," Emily says. Her mom and dad walk away. 

"Sorry. They can be really embarassing," she says. I chuckle.

"It's fine," I reply. She nods.

"You might want to leave before they start pressuring you to do something you don't want to do," She says. I nod.

"See you at school," I say before leaving.

Emily's POV

After explaining everything to mom and dad I'm finally allowed to go to bed. I wake up for school. I walk to school with Thomas again.

"We are going to the park after school," Thomas says before walking away. After school Thomas drags me to the park.

"Sit on a swing," he says. I do what he said. Thomas starts pushing me. I smile. After a little bit Thomas stops. I look at him.