I'm Sorry, I Didn't Know...

*I'm Sorry I Didn't Stop You*

I hear the agonizing sound of the pills escaping into your hand.

I know you'll tilt your head back, swallowing as many as you can.

And pretty soon your worries will be no more and you'll have to reason to cry,

Soon your mind will go numb and your body will meet the floor, leaving smoke in your wake as you tell the world goodbye.

Because what's the point of pushing on and looking at the same scene?

When everywhere you turn, people push and crush you, just because they're mean?

"This life is not for me," you tell yourself repeatedly and wish not to be found...

"If they find me too late in time, I'll gladly be sleeping safe and sound."

Your soul may already be in another place and your thoughts would have finally ended..

But even though that may be true, I cherish the memories you lent.

I will still love you and I will never have the chance to forget,

Every moment, waking or sleeping, still repliving my biggest regret.

I should have spoken to you sooner, kept a better eye on your health.

And I feel it was my responsibly to protect you, but you were rather stealthy.

You hid your depression well enough that I never had a doubt.

You were always so very happy but I guess that's how it all starts out...

Doesn't it?