Chapter 1 | Time Will Tell

Indira

Urgh, I swear Jacob loves getting on my nerves! I always have to pick up after him like I'm his mother. The hell, I haven't given birth to any children yet, so he needs to get his shit together! Now, I know you're probably wondering...

"Who in the world is this crazy chick and what the hell is she ranting about?"

Well, I'm Indira [Pronounced in-DEAR-ah] Smith. Yes, I'm the well-known (I don't really like calling myself "famous") singer, dancer, actress, fashion designer and model. Yes, I'm the younger sister of Ray Ray from Mindless Behavior and Chanel Smith-Simmons. And yes, I'm the fianceé of Jacob Perez, also known as Princeton from Mindless Behavior. Jacob and I have known each other since we were teens and it seems like just yesterday, he shocked the hell out of me by proposing in front of friends and family...

Flashback..

Sagebrush Cantina   Calabasas, CA    Feburary 14th    8:48 p.m.

It was Valentine's Day and all the couples were here at the restaurant, shit-talking and enjoying the night. It was Prince and I, Ray and Amina, Diggy and Chanel, Roc and Daniela, Prod and Nadia, and my cousin, Jayde, and Jawan. We already ate our main courses and were just catching up with each other. The waiter came back to our table and asked if we were having dessert. We all nodded in agreement and began to place our orders. After I ordered the New York-style Cheesecake, Prince immediately pulled the waiter to the side and whispered something to him. When he came back to the table, of course, I wanted to know what he told the waiter.

 "What did you just tell him?" I questioned.

"Nothing important," he shrugged. I swear if he told the waiter to bring me back some low-fat stuff, there's going to be a problem. 

"Mhm, you better had not ordered some tasteless, low-fat crap for me to eat," I warned.

"Babe, don't worry. When you see it, you would be amazed. Trust me."

And he was right....

When the waiter came back with everyone's dessert, mine was nowhere to be found. At that point, a bunch of questions poured into my mind, but the only thing I wanted to know was where the hell was my cheesecake?!

 "Jake, where's my cheesecake?" I asked him, while watching everyone else devour their desserts.

"It's coming out soon babe. Just hold on a minute, okay?"

"Okay," I sighed. "But while I'm waiting, I'll just steal your churros."

"I don't think you have to anymore," he started. "Cause here it comes."

I turned towards where the waiter was coming from. I noticed he had a big Kool-Aid smile on his face and when I looked over at Jacob, he too, had the same smile on his face. What is going on here? The waiter sat the plate on the table in front of me and lifted the cover to what I thought was the most beautiful, but nerve-racking thing I've ever seen. The cake had "I Have Something Important To Tell You ♥" in a strawberry glaze on it. When everyone at the table looked over, they weren't surprised as I was, instead they were smiling just like the waiter and Jacob was. Wait...am I missing something here? When I turned my attention to Jacob to ask him what was happening, he was smiling much wider.

"Jake, w-what's going on?" I asked, in a total state of shock and not knowing what he was about to say.

"I know you may be scared out of your mind right now, but don't be," he reassured me, holding both my hands. "Indira, we've known each other for years now. We've had our ups and downs in our friendship and our relationship, both past and present. We had such strong feelings for each other, that we both put in the extra effort to make things better. I remember when we were younger, you always said you wish a guy would tell you 'nothing lasts forever, so can you be my nothing' because you thought it was the cutest thing ever. So what I'm trying to say is, Indira Skye Smith, they say nothing lasts forever, so can you be my nothing?"