Chapter 1

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

This is my first book about The Maze Runner's movies. 

I'm open to request. 

A little oneshot about the reader coming into the Glades.

It was written for my sister but I thought I would share it with you all.

Hope you'll like it.

Part two will come soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fear.

A force that can freeze you, paralysing your limbs like a poison in your veins. That was what you felt when you opened your eyes, trapped in a cage and surrounded by darkness.

Sonly the tires of the metallic cage being heaved up echoed in the box like the scream of a banshee. You took a deep breath, trying to calm your erratic heartbeat, but as time passed, the cage going faster and faster, you braced yourself for the worse.

Holding the steel bar for life, you didn't realise the cage had come to a stop until a bright light blinded and a voice, you thought coming from heaven said gracefully :

«  It's ....a girl »

You blinked the brightness out and your blurred vision glanced the features of a thin man hovering you, its shadow encompassing you like a guardian angel.

«  Wh.. Where am I? Who are you? » you stuttered, crawling backwards until your body touched the metallic bars as one of the boys jumped in the box with you.

You eyed the stranger carefully, noticing his light brown outfit and the small limp of his leg.

«  Is he injured? » you thought, as he stopped a few inches from you.

«  My name is Newt. We're not going to hurt you. » his smooth voice muttered softly as you can sense his British accent tone.

«  Where am I ? » you asked again, slowly getting up.

A pair of hazel eyes locked with yours and your heartbeat missed a beat as a veil of redness covered your cheeks. Fortunately, no one noticed because of the darkness lingering in the cage.

«  All will be explain soon. Let's get out of the Box, okay ? » the blond boy asked gently as he extended a hand to you.

You looked at the gesture, pondering if you should take it or not if it was going to hurt you or help you. You didn't know why, but you felt drawn to Newt, a real gentleness piercing through his voice. Then, very slowly, you took his hand in yours and he helped you out of the box, holding a strong grip as you both climb out of the cage.

As soon as you dusted off your clothes and got up, a crowd of boys surrounded you. And without noticing Newt behind you, you stepped back, bumping into him in the process. A pair of hands gently held your waist.

«  Easy, girl. You're safe. » Newt said while he moved next to you, the warmth of his hands on your waist leaving you.

«  Welcome to the Glade ! » a black man who introduced himself as Alby said enthusiastically and then proceed to explain you the way of life of the Gladers. However, you didn't give your full attention due to the dozens pair of eyes staring at you like a piece of jewellery or meat. Fear and panic found a way into your mind and you bolted into the plains, detaching yourself from the crowd and running for dear life. You didn't run towards the huge walls, a sense of death emanating from them and rushed towards the woods until your legs screamed for relief.