Issue 33: It All Goes Down Hill From Here

Marie and I just got off of a roller coaster and we were laughing as we walked out.

"That was the best ride I've ever been on!" She said giggling her ass off.

"I still can't believe you've never been on a roller coaster until today!" I said.

"Shut up!" She said pushing me playfully before holding back onto my arm. That's when I realized that she'd been cuddling onto me since we got off the ride like she was my girlfriend or something. Her eyes opened like she just realized it too and jumped off of me and looked away embarrassed. "S-Sorry. Heh." She said laughing nervously. "H-Hey, wanna grab something to eat from that hotdog stand over there?" She asked like it was just the excuse she was looking for.

"Sure, why not?" I said. We walked over to it and ordered and I started taking out my wallet before she put her arm in front of me.

"Nope! I already told you I'm paying for everything." She said.

"Seriously, Marie, you don't have to do that." I said.

"It's the least I can do for those idiots always harassing you at school. That's the whole reason we're here, remember?" She said before we got the hot dogs. We went to sit at a table nearby. "So did you wanna continue our game of would you rather?"

"Sure." I said.

"Okay. Would you rather... have a tsundere girlfriend or a yandere girlfriend?" Marie asked me.

"...I guess yandere."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, if you think about it, yanderes aren't afraid to talk about how much they're into you and not you'd have to torture a tsundere to admit that they love you, even when it's just the two of you alone. They're loyal too, so say on the super off chance I become a full on anti-hero, I can rely on them to be on my side. Not to mention, yanderes are really protective, so it's the both of us looking after each other considering I'd do anything to save my girlfriend. And say I get caught blowing up a building, it'd be nice to have a yandere to help me get rid of the bodies." I said laughing maniacally after the last part making Marie laugh. "Alright, so would you rather spend a day alone with Winter or a day alone with Paris?"

"Don't make me choose between those two!" Marie said. "I guess I pick Paris because I'd spend the whole day annoyed instead of the whole day pissed beyond hell." She said. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've heard her say something that close to a swear. "Hey, can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Why not?" I said.

"Why do you hate superheroes so much? Did a superhero kill your parents on accident or something?" She asked.

"I've never told anyone this before and you better not repeat this to anyone but... when I was a kid I was a huge fan of Captain Amazo. I even bought into all that commercial merchandising crap, that should've been the first red light. He used being a superhero to make him and his family rich. But what really got me to see the world for what it was was D-Day S.H. I watched a stream of it and I watched my hero being so high and mighty and strung up on his morals that he couldn't get take care of one evil life to save dozens of innocent lives and even more from being injured." I said. "My mom was there to comfort me and that's when she told me- and once more I've never told anyone this and if you tell someone-"

"I'm not. You can trust me." She said reaching her hand out across the table to grab onto mine. She shook her head like she was snapping back into reality and processed what she did before throwing her arm back. "S-Sorry!"

"Don't worry about it." I said lightly blushing. "Anyway, that's when my mom told me about how she used to be The Sexy Spectre."

"That was your mom!?" Marie said shocked.