The Old Hotel

Keith inspected the building from the outside. An old brick hotel building was their choice of a safe house. "Typical," he spat. He couldn't imagine what Lance was dealing with at that moment. When Keith was first captured, he was locked in a shower for two days. Every few hours, it would turn on and drench him in freezing cold water. What was Lance's first night like?

What's your visual? Shiro spoke through his earpiece.

"I don't have any visual," Keith carefully scanned every window in the building.

Nothing? Is that normal? Pidge sounded concerned.

"Not necessarily," Keith explained, "But they could be drinking or playi- oh my god!"

What?! What happened?!

A figure passed by the window of the top floor. They scanned their surroundings carefully, dressed in clothes that were obviously too big. Keith knew who it was the moment he laid eyes on them. "I see Lance."

Pidge gasped, Really?! Is he alright?!

"As far as I can tell, he looks okay. But it's strange."

What is? Shiro asked.

"He's-" Lance stopped as he looked like he found what he was looking for. "He's on the top floor." His heart sunk, "So that could mean a couple things."

Enough of that. Where is his location exactly?

"Um, top floor, fifth window from the left."

Shiro's frustrated breaths could be heard through the earpiece. Keith, this is your call. Do we proceed with the original plan or do you want to change it?

Keith thought for a minute. If they stuck to the original plan, then they would get the bombs planted easier. If they changed it and made Lance top priority, then they may not get Zarkon. He gritted his teeth, "Stick to the original plan. This ends tonight."

Alright, I'm in position. Shiro motioned to him from across the lot.

Keith signaled back, "Copy that. Same here."

Pidge giggled, Alright! Proceed to your routes. There's nothing showing up along the way, but be cautious.

Keith took one more look up at Lance. He had turned around and headed back down the hall. When he couldn't see him anymore, Keith started his mission.

Bomb were strategically placed throughout the building. The plan was to burn the building down, blowing up the Galra with it. Zarkon was confirmed to be in the building. With his death, Keith and Lance would finally find peace. Keith paused as he was placing a bomb in the first floor stairwell. Would they really be at peace when Zarkon is dead? He shook the thought out of his head. It didn't matter. The first step was to rescue Lance. If he didn't make it, then Keith wouldn't either.

Can we die? Keith hadn't really thought about it. When they kiss, their wounds heal. When Lance brought him back in the fire, Keith wasn't dead yet. He didn't want to test it. I need to find him. "Shiro, I've got the first floor done, moving onto the second floor."

Wait, Keith.

He stopped, "What is it?"

Shiro paused, like he was hesitating. Go find your husband.

Keith's eyebrows raised in surprise, "What?"

I haven't been the best person to you. Both in work and after Lance. He sighed. He loves you, you know that, right?

Keith was stunned. Shiro was never like that.

Lance is a good guy. I know we don't get along, but he really is the best person for you. I guess I was jealous. He grunted, planting his row of bombs. I saw myself in him, my old self.

Keith scanned the first floor for any sign of Galra.

You know when you were taken, Lance cried and cried. He just hit my chest and screamed at me for letting you go. He laughed, but there was a hint of sorrow. Lance- he- Lance is the most stubborn, loving, hardworking, and difficult person I've ever met. I think he fell in love with you the second you guys looked into each other's eyes. Do you remember that? When you-

"When I asked for his name." Keith finished. "In the hotel room." A tear slipped down his cheek, "He was bloody and scared, but the moment I looked at his beautiful eyes-" he struggled to find the words. "It was like the world melted away. His eyes- they hold the universe in them."

You fell in love with him right then, too.

"I wasn't aware of it, but yeah," he chuckled, "I was hopelessly in love with him from that moment."

Go get him. I will finish up here.

Keith wiped his cheeks, "Thank you, Shiro."

Keith sprinted up the stairs. He had no idea where Lance was, but Favio lived on the second floor. He was probably there. When he reached the floor, he practically jumped over to Favio's door. Without bothering to knock, he opened it.

But nothing could have prepared him for the events of that night.