Chapter One

Y/n's POV

  I sat in the back of my mom's car, as she went as fast as she could down the road, a bit past the speed limit. She seemed worried, and was making sharp turns. There  were no other cars around, or even stop lights for the matter. We were driving on an empty road in the middle of nowhere.

"Mom, where are we going?" I asked her, looking into her e/c eyes, through the rear view mirror. She was worried, and she was looking back and forth quickly.

"A special camp, honey!" She stuttered, "You'll meet people just like you here! People just like you!"

"Then why are you so worried about me, mom? What's wrong?" I asked her, beginning to stutter a bit, myself.

"It's just- Chiron will explain when we get there!"

"Chiron? Who is Chiron?" I asked. I had a strange feeling in my gut, like something was about to happen. (IF THAT MEANS WHAT IT MEANS, WE'RE IN TROUBLE, BIG TROUBL- sorry, Rap God's stuck in my head) She suddenly swerved and parked at a hill. She unlocked the car door, and walked out. I exited the car after her, and we walked up the hill together. Before we got to the entrance of this "camp", she stopped.

"Mom?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. I can't come with you. There will be plenty of people there. Ask them where Chiron is. Goodbye, sweetie!" She began to walk down the hill, and I took a deep breath.

I walked up to the entrance and it read Camp Half Blood. I tilted my head, but walked in the entrance. Immediately, I was overwhelmed by the amount of people around. I took a moment to take in my surroundings and began to feel safe. I began to walk around, looking for someone safe to talk to. Eventually, I bumped into a guy around 17 years old. He was much taller than me, and was very fit. He turned around, and I saw that he had short, black hair, fair skin, and sea green eyes that made my heart flutter.

"Hello, are you new here?" He asked as I finished taking in what I was looking at.

"Oh! Um... yeah I just got here like five minutes ago, and um... my mom told me to ask someone, where Chiron is. Also, um... who's Chiron?" I asked, generally curious.

"Um, yeah I can show you to Chiron. He's a... how to I say this? A centaur. Half horse half human," I was shocked to say the least, "I'm Percy, by the way. Not the last time you'll hear my name. I'm pretty popular around here, considering I helped save all of western civilization."

I blushed, seeing as I was basically talking to a celebrity,
"Y/n... and, I'm not a celebrity, so I understand why you wouldn't care to talk to me."

He seemed surprised and quickly reassured me, "Trust me, Y/n, you're good. I'm not that type of person. Let's get to Chiron, now."

"Oh... right!" We walked to Chiron, and even knowing he was a centaur, I was still surprised.

"Well, then, Y/n! Percy will show you to the Hermes cabin, where you will stay until you get claimed, ok? Also, welcome to Camp Half Blood!" Chiron said.

  Percy and I walked out of the 'big house' as he gave me a tour around camp.

~Time Skip to dinner~

I walked to the dining pavilion, seeing tables with at least two people at them, other than one table. I didn't know what table it was, but the only person sitting at it had blonde hair with brown roots, blue eyes, pale skin, and was wearing an oversized Houston, Texas NASA hoodie, some black jeans, and Vans sneakers. She saw me staring at her and winked at me, snapping and making finger guns at me, before laughing to herself, and I laughed along side with her. I walked to the Hermes table, and she went back to doing whatever she had been doing. I sat down at the Hermes table, and listened to the Stoll brothers talking.

What are you waiting for?! Hit on someone, or make out with someone or something!

Ummm, what the fuck was that? Who said that and why?

~Time skip to after dinner~

I sat at the camp fire, as the other people sang the campfire songs. All I could focus on was the question of what the sudden thought was at the dining pavilion.

Suddenly, someone poked my shoulder, and I looked at him. He was a tan boy, with dark brown hair, and brown eyes, and he asked, "Hey, girl! Why are you sitting here all alone! You're too pretty for that!" I blushed.

I tried to tell him to back off, but it came out as a strange rhyme and he looked down and the log under him, and began to try to kiss the said log, as I backed away and Chiron suddenly said, "All hail   Y/n L/n! Daughter of Eros!"

Campers started whispering about someone named Corri, and I looked down, shyly.