ten

i held on to the tennis racket and swiftly hit the tennis balls that were being thrown my way. me and jung hoseok had been at this for a couple minutes now, and i was quickly losing my breath. he, on the other hand, seemed to not even break a sweat.

mr kang watched cheerfully as we played against each other. it was as if it had been a while since he'd actually seen an interesting match, and watching how jung hoseok played, i could see how no one had a chance against him. thankfully, i was somewhat good at sports and i knew how to handle a tennis racket. 

it didn't do me much good, anyway. although i won the first set, he easily won the other two, winning the game. i walked towards the net and offered him my hand to shake. "that was a nice one," i smiled.

"you can bet," he said cheerfully, shaking my hand. he seemed as excited as mr kang was, if not more. "you were a great opponent, anastasia-ssi," he complimented me. i shook my head.

"no, you were on beast mode right there," at my comment, he laughed and let go of my hand. i could tell he was a really nice, cheerful person. i wouldn't mind playing against him again at all.

i sat on the sidelines as another pair prepared to play against each other. i watched as two girls whose name i didn't know started playing against each other, though one was clearly better than the other. my attention slowly drifted from them as i rested my chin on my knees.

from the corner of my eye, i could see namjoon walking towards me. i turned my head in his direction and waved, motioning for him to take a seat next to me. "you're not playing, then?"

"oh, no," he quickly shook his head as he sat down. "no one would want to see that. i'm so unlucky i would probably manage to break something if i tried."

"hm, sounds like an excuse to me," i said, scrunching up my nose. he fake gasped, putting his hand over his heart.

"i would never lie like that, here," he reached inside the front pocket of his shorts and took out his cellphone, showing me the cracked screen. "this was this morning, just as i was walking into school. i swear i tripped over my own feet and fell to the ground, and i just happened to be holding my phone. long story short, i dropped it as i fell and ended up making a fool of myself as well as cracking the phone screen."

i couldn't hold in my laughter anymore as i slowly started to laugh. he joined me. "you really are a mess, aren't you? and don't worry, i'm the same."

"they don't call me god of destruction for nothing," he shrugged and i lifted my eyebrow.

"they?"

"okay, i might have given myself that nickname. but jungkook does call me that sometimes too. so does hoseok hyung," he confessed.

"you're friends with hoseok-ssi? he seems really nice," i turned my head to look in his direction, finding him happily chattering with a few people. 

"yes, he is really nice," namjoon agreed as he laid down, resting his head on his hands. i mimicked his actions and laid down, enjoying the rays of sun on my skin.

"so," he spoke once again. "can we do that coffee rain check any time soon?"

i turned around, resting my chin on both of my hands as i looked at him. "yes, of course. maybe on sunday? i'm free sunday afternoon."

"sunday's perfect," he nodded, a smile on his lips which showed his dimples. "i'll pick you up at three."

"oh you'll pick me up? that's very gentlemanly of you," i chuckled. mr kang blew his whistle, signaling it was time for the class to end, dismissing us. i stood up and offered him my hand so he would as well.