Worthy of Headlines

"Look, Tzuyu-ah. We're at the airport already." Sana said excitedly, pulling Tzuyu from her thoughts.

"Oh? That was fast." Next to her, Mina was still dozing off. TWICE's resident penguin had had a rough day. Well, technically they all did, spending a larger part of yesterday attending the GAONCHART awards ceremony and not going home until late at night. While admittedly fun, it was no picnic for the more introverted members of TWICE- suffice to say, Mina and Tzuyu were beyond exhausted thereafter. The Taiwanese, fortunately, managed to catch a few hours of shut-eye prior to their trip to Gimpo airport, having prepared her luggage beforehand.

Tzuyu took a glance around the bus she and the J-Trinity were riding in. They were given relative privacy, sitting in the middle of the vehicle with a distance of two seats from their entourage. To better identify, all bodyguards wore uniform black parka, along with- to distinguish from other black wearers- a ridiculously bright yellow cap. What a great way to avoid attention, Tzuyu snorted inwardly. Still, she was not one to question how bodyguarding worked, so she let her mind wander other things instead.

Not yet Tzuyu, don't go there now. Tzuyu shook her head.

At the two seats on the other side of the bus sat Mina and Momo, who were engrossed in conversation. Rather, it was mostly Momo talking animatedly in Japanese while Mina just sleepily nodded along, occasionally giving curt answers. Such was the dynamic of the couple's relationship, one being a boundless source of energy while the other being silent and attentive. The scene certainly reminded her of a certain relationship she had with someone.

No! Stop thinking. Talk. Distract yourself. Tzuyu decided not to butt in for now, opting to focus on the remaining member of TWICE on the bus.

"Sana-unnie." The Japanese girl looked up from her snack.

"Yeah?"

"What are you planning to do when you get back to Japan? I mean, aside from reuniting with your family."

"Well, we do not really have much time for other stuff, do we?" Sana replied, an uncharacteristic wistful expression present on her face. "I mean, I do want to visit many friends and other relatives too. But given our limited time, I'd rather stay with my family as much as possible than make many pointless short trips."

That was true for in all their cases, Tzuyu thought sadly.

"What about you, Tzuyu? Tell me you have something different in mind."

"I actually have to do something else unnie. Do you remember I posted about an earthquake back in my home country the other day?" Sana nodded. "Well, I'm supposed to travel to Hualien city. You know, to pay homage to families of the dead and injured."

Sana gasped, recalling the pictures she saw on the news. While not particularly devastating, the disaster left several buildings in a highly volatile state, and there had been no updates on the situation since then. "You're going to travel there, Tzuyu? Isn't that dangerous? I don't want you to get hurt." She dramatically grabbed the younger girl's hand, giving her a lost puppy look.

Tzuyu laughed a bit at this. "Don't worry too much Sana-unnie, they already dealt with most of the damage. There won't be any building falling over me... I think." This earned her a swat from Sana.

"It's not a joke Tzuyu! You might really get in danger."

"But, I'm not alone, remember? I have the bodyguards with me always, and I believe in them."

Sana still did not seem convinced. She opened her mouth to say something more, then- as if remembering something, she promptly shut it again. "... Oh." A mischievous smile suddenly crossed her face. This did not go unnoticed by Tzuyu.