Chapter Nine

I was wearing a navy blue scrub top as I kept my pajama bottoms on. None of my pants were fitting me; even with the stretchy, elastic banded pants, they were already too small for me.

"Abbi!" I shouted, walking out of my room and into the living room. Everything was silent for what seemed like a second, but it seemed like I was wrong. From the loud sound that just came from her bedroom, it seemed like she had a friend over. "Abbigail!" I shouted, going up to her door and pounding on it. Everything stopped and her door swung open. She wore nothing but an off white sheet, and her hair was a mess.

"What's up?" She asked through pants. I smirked and looked at her.

"Can I come in?" I smiled at her. She looked at me up and down. "Do you have someone over, Abbi?" I asked, staring at her.

"Uh... Um..." She rubbed her nose, almost dropping the sheet. "I... I can't let you in my room,"

"Why's that?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Is that a new top? You look different." She asked, staring at my already starting to show bump. I rolled my eyes and stared at her.

"Uh, remember how I'm two months pregnant," I nodded. She nodded in return. "Do you have any scrub pants that I could steal? None of mine fit,"

"Araca, you're going to have to talk to Tom about buying you clothes. He's the one who did this and should have to pay for all of this," She stated, grabbing a pair of black scrubs and handing them to me. "What's with the scrubs today?"

"We're going to a hospital, remember?" I stated, looking at her. Her face fell as the realization hit her.

"That's today? Shit!" She exclaimed, slamming the door shut. I blinked and shook my head before returning to my room to finish getting ready for the day.

{***}

"God, you look so pregnant," Abbigail whispered as she walked close to me. We were currently in a hospital. Although we were only going to be nurses, this hospital had this thing where you could do experience. Kind of like how schools do Student Teaching, this is Student Nursing.

"Shut up," I looked at her and shook my head. "I can't look that pregnant. I'm just over two months," I stated, hugging the clipboard I was handed for notes.

"Well, when you hug that the way you are right now, you look hella pregnant."

"Abbs, stop," I stared at her. She raised her hands as if she were surrendering. "Tom and I..." I stopped as we started to go closer to an area that smelt awful. Abbigail looked at me and smirked.

"Oh yeah," She looked me up and down. "You and Tom, what?"

"We're dating." I smiled at her. She raised an eyebrow at me before laughing.

"Dear, you're so funny," She shook her head with a smirk. "I'm not that dumb,"

"Of course you know," I rolled my eyes. She smiled. "Come on, we better get going, I don't really want to fail a class I'm actually doing good in," I laughed. She nodded and led the way towards the small crowd of people we were supposed to be with.

"We're going shopping. You're seriously going to need new clothes once a month and I ain't letting you take any of my scrubs,"

"Shut the fuck," I shot her a glare. She smiled at me and winked. "What I have on is already uncomfortable. I know I need new clothes." I sighed and tugged at the shirt that was just slightly a size too small. She cackled, causing some of the other students to glare back at us. I rolled my eyes at them, to which one of them gave me the bird and the other scoffed.

"We can do that later, okay?"

ng tI