Night Terrors

As she watched helplessly she saw a shadowy figure approach the chamber. The figure entrance, pointed to the door, "This one sir."

The door to Tide's bay opened, he fell out of the chamber and collapsed onto the floor.

Tide looked around, dazed and confused. "Who.... how long?" BANG.  Karmen felt a shiver run through her entire body. The presence of Tide in Karmen's mind disappeared. That was bad. VERY bad... That meant... Tide had... He... Died...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A blood curling shriek echoed through the shack. Karmen was awoken by another night terror. Tide found her shivering on the corner of her bed, crying. "Darling! shhhhh...." He hugged her gently. The shaken albino was visibly trembling and shaking as she hugged the shapeshifter tightly. "Shhhh." Tide whispered trying to calm her down. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" She sputtered. "Hey... shhhh...." He said again as he continued to calm her down. 

When she had calmed down enough she glanced up at him and pulled him into a soft, wet kiss. He kissed her back. Karmen shakily started focusing on her breathing, which was something she picked up from both Tide and Ford. "Hey baby, come on now, what's wrong?" Tide asked, noticing that Karmen had started calming down. She quietly started to cry again as the memory flashed through her head, casusing her to not want to speak. "What's wrong?" Tide asked again.

Karmen, after taking another shaky breath spoke softly, "I-I-I s-s-saw y-y-you d-d-d-d-d-" She cut herself off, a new batch of tears streaming down her face.  "You saw me...?" Tide urged

She shook her head 'n-n-n-n-no pl-pl-please'  Tide spoke to her, telepathically 'Think it for me.' She play the memory through her head showing him every excruciating detail of what she saw, causing her to cry again. "Oh honey.." Tide hugged her tightly. "Pl-please st-stay with me" She quietly begged him, not wanting to leave his side. "I will baby." He promised. 

Karmen let out a few tears again and hugged him tighter. "I'm so sorry" She muttered. "It's okay darling. Nothing's your fault." Tide spoke calmly trying to soothe her. 'It feels like it is'  She mentally started beating herself up "It's not." He reassured. There was a moment of sweet silence between the two before Karmen shakily spoke up again "I-I-I love y-you." Tide smiled warmly "I love you too darling."

Karmen started to hug him tightly, enough to start restricting his air flow. "Darling... air..." Tide quietly reminded her. Karmen's mind snapped her away from him "I'm sorry" She sputtered both, apologetically and in terror as she released him, still trembling.

"I'll stay with you tonight." Tide smiled at ther "Thank you" She smiled back at him.

Tide turned the lights out.

(A/N: This is an AU, in case you guys got confused by it)