chapter 4

Tobias helps me out of the net "Welcome to Dauntless I'm Four" he tells me. I reply "Well I'm Destiny" . He shouts "First jumper Destiny!" "I didn't jump someone pushed me of the ledge" I correct him. He smirks. "You thinks that's funny don't you?" I ask. He answers "Yes it's hilarious" That's when I see Charlie drop from the sky. She asks "Can I go again?". I answer "Are you insane? That was terrifying." she laughs and To-Four helps her out. When everybody jumps my brother reintroduces himself "I'm Four I will be the transfers initiate trainer with Tris here" He points at a petite girl who stands a few yards away. "Transfers follow me the rest of you know where to go." Tris says. They show us the pit and the chasm. They then take us to the dormitories. "This is where all of you will be calling home for the next few weeks. The bathrooms are back there. There s a bin over there with dauntless clothes are get changed. " Four says. even though I'm small I do put out so the four of us go to a corner to change. The boys cover us while me and Charlie  get changed. As we change Charlie says "Greg Brown how does it feel to be in dauntless on you first day?" She says, with a jokey voice. With that same tone of voice Greg answers "Well considering I wasn't planning on shielding my sister and her friend while they change I"m fne. How about you Charlie Brown?" I laugh at the sound of her name. "Your name is Charlie Brown?"I say. She hits her forehead with the bottom of her palm. After we finish changing We cover the boys. When they finish changing we go to room that burns our clothes. With a smile on my face I toss my clothes into the fire.

***

I go to the dining hall where they serve- I think Charlie called them hamburgers. I stare at my plate. I don't know if I'm going to like. Tob-Four and Tris come over and sit next to us. "Are you gonna eat that?" Charlie asks. I answer "No I'm not" She asks me "Can I have it?" I nodd and hand it to jer. While I hand it to her my jacket slides down, revealing my scars. I quickly cover them hoping Four didn't see them. He whispers in my ear. "Meet me at the chasm when everybody is asleep" I slightly nodd my head. When we are done eating Eric gives us points then we head off to bed. Aswe lay in bed I hear Bryson cry. Since his bed is next to mine I say "Hey you okay?" I see him nodd his head and falla sleep. Pretty soon everybody is asleep so I get up and go to the chasm. There Four waits for me.

***

"Hi Four"I say. I don't know why I'm tearing up. I didn't miss him. I didn't miss him. I didn't miss him."You can call me Tobias when we are alone" He comes over and hugs me.I embrace him.

***

"So Tris is your girlfriend?" I say. I'm trying to distract him from the arm just in case he saw. "How did you know?" he asked. How did I know? Well he looked at her in a sweet kinda of way. Maybe that's why." The way you look at her. I can tell." I say. "This isn't why I wanted to talk show me yor arms" I hide my arms and shake my head. I tell him "Marcus didn't do that. I did"He looks at me dissapointed."Can I go now ? I'm tired"I ask. He shakes his head. "Why " He asks. "I had to take my anger out on something I only did t once I swear"I answer.He tells me "You can go now." I walk back to the dormitories. I didn't want to have that talk be our first.