2. Good Girl

2. ❝The sun went down and it never came up, screaming in the dark isn't loud enough.❞

* * * * *

Conor heard a strong screech of laughter through the whispers, one that belongs to none other than Chris, finally getting him back to earth after he was lost in the endless universe of Mila's figure.

He then snapped his head in the direction of his friend, catching Chris's enthusiastic nod before he turned to him, the eyes of a drunk man meeting with those of a confused one.

"If you don't go talk to her, then I will." Chris challenged with a knowing smirk, leaving Conor held aback by his usually shy friend.

Chris thought his plan would work; that Conor wouldn't want anybody near Mila, but he was wrong, for Conor liked the suggestion, and an exact replica of Chris's smirk was now against the tattooed man's lips.

Chris knew he messed up when he challenged his boss, seeing the man has no boundaries when it comes to such bets, and he soon realised that he should've stayed out of it.

"You? Talking to her?" Conor chuckled, as he took the final puff out of his cigarette, turning the final flames off with his foot. "I'd like to see you try." He challenged back, thinking he's finally earning some entertainment to get him through the night.

Conor knows each one of his friends like the back of his hand, and Chris wasn't too good with girls.

That isn't because of the many crimes he had commited, the fact that he's often wanted by the police, or even regarding his looks.

He's good looking, as many would say, but he's simply awkward when it comes to primar introductions.

Therefore, not many would understand his nervousness, and that's why he ended up with the least amount of girlfriends amongst his friends.

That shouldn't be a problem, but Conor knows Chris hates it, and he likes calling him out on it for the sake of a better mood, which never fails to satisfy him.

Conor sat back, the gleam of a mischievous dare glowing in his eyes as he waited for his friend to retract his suggestion, knowing Chris wouldn't go for it like he said he would.

However, Conor had no idea Chris drank too much to back down now. He lost his sense of fear with every gulp he had taken, and taking his words back isn't a possible option by now.

"Well then, you better be ready." Chris stood tall from his seat next to Kellen, pushing his sleeves up his forearms as he fixes his hair, thinking that by such actions, he'd probably gain a bit more confidence in his drunk self.

Conor's eyes followed his friend's steps, a hidden laugh fighting its way out of his mouth as he watches Chris pacing quickly behind the lady they had discussed just a minute or two earlier.

She was all the way across the dark alley by now, but that didn't stop the man. Not at all. He had a rank to prove among his friends, especially that none other than Conor himself had challenged him into this.

Chris has always been intimidated by Conor, feeling as though he frequently has to prove himself to his leader, seeing Chris isn't exactly one to get all the attention in the gang.