01 | The worst way to begin

- Chapter 01 -

The worst way to begin

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this." A ginger-haired person, with their hair being tied up in a small ponytail and their eyes focused on the sight in front of them with boredom, breathed out. Her grip tightened around her bag and she let a small sigh escape from her lips. Rubbing her temples with her index finger, she mentally cursed.

It was Akira Yamada, the daughter of the policeman who was chasing down the Akatsuki for quite some time now. Yet, someone could instantly point out the obvious changes on her. Like how her hair was shorter than it used to be and tied up in a small, low ponytail; her chest wasn't visible even though it wasn't very developed and she was wearing. . . a boys' uniform? Long black pants, a white button-up shirt and a light blue formal jacket on top. The uniform required a tie as well but for pit's sake, she wasn't going to wear that damn thing. Akira was standing in front of the new school she was attending- Shinobi Academy, an all-boys' school.

But how did she get into this trouble anyways?

2 months ago

It was mid summer and the small town of Konoha was buzzing with people. Everyone had gotten the chance to visit this town and learn more about the History, the ancient people and do some sightseeing. Teenagers had all gone to vacations in near towns, however some of them were still in their houses. One of them was Akira.

"Akira! To my office. . . now," the strict voice of her father was heard in the hallway, making the ginger head glare at her closed door and drop her headphones on her bed. Closing the music, she left her room and walked up to the dead end of the hallway where her father's office was suited. When she had to enter this eerie room, it was under special circumstances that usually had to do with family business or her improvement in school.

The teenage girl sighed and entered the office, taking a glance at the mischievious man who was sitting behind the big wooden desk and was staring intensively in front of him. Akira walked towards him and finally picked a seat in front of the desk, deciding to wear a cold facade in front of the man who had ruined her life. "Father."

"Akira," he greeted, his eyes now looking at a file in front of him. The girl's gaze landed on it suspiciously but she didn't comment it; just stayed quiet.

"Is there any particular reason as to why you called me?"

"Yes," the man announced in a tone which made Akira's body stiffen. "I want to talk to you about Shinobi Academy and the Akatsuki. Also, after that, you will be given the information about-"

"I. Don't. Give. A. Shit. About. Akatsuki," the ginger stated in an angry and very rude demeanor, her glare hardening as she snapped her gaze up to her father. The isolation she was feeling after her graduation from Konoha Private School was unbearable and since then, her life-long hatred for her father had grown; Sato Yamada, the man who was in charge of her and wasn't missing a chance to make her life a living bloody hell.

An angry scowl was plastered on the man's face as he slammed his hand on his desk, making the wooden furniture tremble. "Language, Akira!! How dare you retort me? I'm your father. I have power over you until you turn 18 and saying 'no' isn't an option. Got that?" he yelled at her, narrowing his eyes perilously. Immediately, he calmed down and grabbed a brown envelope, throwing it in front of her. "Besides, if you refuse, your best friend may . . . I don't know - have a small accident and be handed over to the government together with his siblings."

The girl's eyes widened when she read the files. The documents were clearly showing that Gaara Subaku and his siblings -Kankuro and Temari- were living alone without any adult to look after them and they were using their parents' fortune to survive. Painful memories from that night ghosted across her eyes which made Akira look with disgust at her father, hatred and anger building up inside of her. She wanted to scream, to let it all out, to grab a knife and murder the man in front of her. "You . . . are you blackmailing me? Are you really going to do that to your own daughter?"