First Time I Saw Her

**Disclaimer: I don't own Glee or it's characters, nor do I own any song mentioned/sung**

Chapter 2 - First Time I Saw Her

Let's start at the beginning. Let's start at the first time I saw her.

*Flash Back*

Today's my first day at a new school. Don't ask me what made my mom decide to move in the middle of my junior year. 'Cause I have no clue. We lived in Indiana and my. Mom just wanted to move to Lima, Ohio out of no where. Easier to go with it, than to go against it. All though I do have a sneaky suspicion that she wants me from the state, with recent events.

Anyways, here I am looking for my locker. For Lima to be such a small town, William McKinley is a big school. I found my locker and threw my stuff in it. Then it happened. Literally the most perfect girl I have ever seen, walking right past me. I leaned against the locker in an attempt to look cool.

"Hey", I said. She looked over at me. Oh my god those eyes. Chocolate brown eyes. Oh and those legs. Jezz those legs. Long-even though she's very short-, and tan. She's just the definition of perfection. As I was saying before, she looked over at me, smirked, and shook her head. She continued walking down the hall in what I assumed to be a cheerleading uniform.

"You must be new", a voice from behind me said. I turned around and this guy was sporting a Mohawk. "Yea". He chuckled. "Then you don't know that Rachel Berry is dating the wide-receiver. Totally off limits. Sucks that those cheerio uniforms are so short, such a tease". And the mystery girl has a name. Rachel Berry.

"Oh", I said dumbly. "Here lemme see you schedule". So, I handed it over to him. He scanned the page and handed it back. "You have all the same classes as me and Rachel, new kid". New kid? "Finn Hudson. That's my name, not new kid". "Puck". What the hell kinda name is Puck?

"You're coming to glee with me for first hour. It's free hour so that's when we meet. Rachel's in glee too", he said. He winked at the last part. "You can sing right?". I shook my head yes. He smirked and started walked. I followed him to a choir room.

"Who's your new friend Puckerman?", some blonde girl called out. "This is Finn Hudson and he's here to audition", he said flopping in a seat next to her. "Wait what?". "Well, sing for us white boy", a black girl called out. "Uh what song?".

"Anything you want", the teacher said from behind me. "I uh ok", I mumbled. I whispered a song to the band, hoping they knew it. They did, so I walked back to my previous spot.

Just yesterday morning

They let me know you were gone

Suzanne, the plans we made

Put an end to you

I walked out this morning

And I wrote down this song

I just can't remember

Who to send it to

I've seen fire and

I've seen rain

I've seen sunny days that

I thought would never end

I've seen lonely times

When I thought I could not find a friend

But I always thought

That's I'd see you again

Won't you look down upon me Jesus

You got to help me make a stand

You just got to see me through another day

My body's achin' and

My time is at hand

I won't make

It any other way

Oh I've seen fire

And I've seen rain

I've seen sunny days that

I thought would never end

I've seen lonely times

When I thought I could not find a friends

But I always thought

That I'd see you again

Been walkin' my mind to and easy time

My back turned towards the sun

Lord knows when the cold wind blows

It'll turn your head around

There's hours of time

On the telephone line

To talk about things to

Come

Sweet dreams of flying

And Machines in pieces on the ground

Oh, I've seen fire

And I've seen rain

I've seen sunny days that

I thought would never end

I've seen lonely times

When I could not find a friend

But I always thought

That I see you, baby, one more time

Time again now

Thought if see you one

More time again

There's just a few things

Comin my way this time around

But I always thought

That I'd see you again

I finished and everyone clapped. "Welcome to the New Directions, Finn", Mr. Shue said patting my back. I smiled, nodded, and walked to the seat next to Puck. Mr. Shue talked about something called Regionals the rest of the time.

He looked his wrist watch. "Already guys. There's 15 minutes left in this hour, but I'm done so you can go", he said. Everyone got up and I followed their actions. I walked out the door behind Puck when someone pulled me to the side.

Rachel. "Uh Hi?". Great more as a question than a statement. That's not embarrassing. "Your audition was amazing. Very emotional and meaningful", she said with a smile. "Oh. Yeah thanks. I guess I can sorta relate to it", I murmured. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but how?".

"My best friend committed suicide a few months ago. His name is Kurt. He was gay and like constantly got bullied for it. I tried protecting him, but I can't beat up words. Y'know?", I said. I can't believe I just told a stranger about touchy subject in my life. "I'm sorry. Well, you are very brave Finn", she said. I gave her a smile. She smiled and strutted away.

***So, How was it? The song is Fire and Rain by James Taylor. (I think)***

**Fact: I was originally gonna have Kurt be Rachel's best friend and have her run out in the middle of the song, but I think it would be better to have a straight boy goes through the loss of his homosexual best friend**